Anyone reused Arrma wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stapleton219

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I blew the factory Big Rock tire. Figured I'd remove the bad tire and replace it. It was very difficult to remove the tire and ended up destroying the tire in attempt to remove it. The wheel has a bead lock design I've never seen before. It's very effective at holding the bead on but nearly impossible to remove a tire and reuse the wheel. Anyone know what the design is called? Anyone had success removing a tire from the factory wheel?

I have the originals mounted but not need to replace them.
And be hones, I did not check which kind of rim they are.
On my 1:10 I ever bake them to remove the tires from the rim.

Do you baked the wheel into the oven to unlock the glue?

I baked them and I boiled them. The design of the wheel allows for much for glue surface than a traxxas style bead. Plus the tires can only come off the wheel one way and that's out, away from the wheel. If you try to roll the tire towards the back of the wheel it will rip. The design of the bead lock on the wheel will not let the tire roll back. It's a strong design but kinda makes me wonder if the wheels are not intended to be reused? Plus good luck trying to find a tire that will fit the wheel.

Can you buy just a tire? I thought they were only sold as premounted tire and wheel combos???

@Dustin MustangsMy RC-dealer has Dboots tires on stock. Also compete wheels from Arrma.

@Stapleton219
Ok, will see what trouble I will have in future when I have to change the tires on my Big Rock.
On the colleagues Nero, the tire is loosen by itself on some parts. We had to glue them again to the rim.
I think the best way for us will be to buy bead lock rims and belted tires... but which brand and which quality?
Any suggestions? ;)

If I see girlfriends original Nero blue wheels on 6S or my Proline Big Joe II....
Horrible ballooning and deformation. On the other hand... they have a lot of grip in gravel or dirt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back