Big Rock Anyone run 1/8 scale buggy tires on their big rock?

basher27

Reaction score
I have the 17 mm conversion on my big rock and currently running pro line Badland tires, but since it’s winter and I’ve been running more on road and grass, I was looking for something a little softer to perform better. I found a good deal on some buggy tires wondering if anyone else has ran these on their big rock or granite.

MisterG

Bench Basher
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon Mega
  10. Vendetta
  11. Vorteks
  12. Infraction 4x4
I don't have a big rock, but I do run 2.8's on a Vorteks on 4s so they expand a lot.
Since you've already done a 17mm hub conversion imo you should be fine. The only potential issue I can think of would be rubbing at full turn and spring compression.

gotnitro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Do it Do it Do it!

R.jpg

basher27

Reaction score

basher27

Reaction score
I don't have a big rock, but I do run 2.8's on a Vorteks on 4s so they expand a lot.
Since you've already done a 17mm hub conversion imo you should be fine. The only potential issue I can think of would be rubbing at full turn and spring compression.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by rubbing at full compression in a turn?

MisterG

Bench Basher
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon Mega
  10. Vendetta
  11. Vorteks
  12. Infraction 4x4
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by rubbing at full compression in a turn?

When the suspension is fully compressed i.e. wheels are up towards the body instead of down. And when turning the steering all the way one way or another. Basically it shortens the distance from the tire to the body.

I switched my vorteks over to the typhon arms in order to minimize how much the tire would hit the body when bashing.