Big Rock Anyone run 1/8 scale buggy tires on their big rock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I have the 17 mm conversion on my big rock and currently running pro line Badland tires, but since it’s winter and I’ve been running more on road and grass, I was looking for something a little softer to perform better. I found a good deal on some buggy tires wondering if anyone else has ran these on their big rock or granite.

I don't have a big rock, but I do run 2.8's on a Vorteks on 4s so they expand a lot.
Since you've already done a 17mm hub conversion imo you should be fine. The only potential issue I can think of would be rubbing at full turn and spring compression.

Do it Do it Do it!

R.jpg

I don't have a big rock, but I do run 2.8's on a Vorteks on 4s so they expand a lot.
Since you've already done a 17mm hub conversion imo you should be fine. The only potential issue I can think of would be rubbing at full turn and spring compression.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by rubbing at full compression in a turn?

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by rubbing at full compression in a turn?

When the suspension is fully compressed i.e. wheels are up towards the body instead of down. And when turning the steering all the way one way or another. Basically it shortens the distance from the tire to the body.

I switched my vorteks over to the typhon arms in order to minimize how much the tire would hit the body when bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back