Talion Anyone run 8s on talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren’t arrma chassis limited to motors that are 42mm wide max? I’d stick a TP4070 in there (it’s a 40 by 112mm can)

Well back in the day (wow I sound old) when we did speed runs, we’d use a mamba monster and a castle 1515 2200kv, and overvolted them both on 8s. Now, obviously neu castle motors are a much higher quality then hobbywing (they were hand built) but I don’t doubt the hobbywing 2050 can take 8s.

Castle’s rpm limit was 60k on the old neu-1515’s from 2010 and I believe hobbywing’s is 50k. Take apart your hobbywing motor and pull the rotor out, and send the pictures here. If it’s kevlar wrapped, you’ll be good. If not, the centrifugal force of the extra rpm will blow the motor after a few runs.
I meant to ask if the Arrma 2050KV stock BLX motor would stand up to the Hobbywing Max6 on 6S not 8S. My fault on the typo.

Using the Max 6 with the stock motor is fine, although the price you pay for upgrading will yield a marginal performance gain, if any.
I wouldn't think using a 5892 motor is ideal, it would require a completely new motor mount, and I believe you'd need 1.5 Mod pinion and spur gears, way too much effort IMO, but I am no expert, others here can better advice you.

EDIT: Instead of the 5892, you might want to consider the Hobbystar 4092 or Leopard 4092. While the hobbystar is not rated for 8s, RC Juice ran it on 8S in a Traxxas UDR. Apparently it was ok, according to them it is ok to run it on 8S as long as you watch the temps. But that's always the case for any motors
Great feedback, I was wondering about the 8mm diameter shaft and whether it would fit. I'm also getting a Hot Racing AON38M01 Channel Lock Secure Motor Mount so I can change out pinions easier. I'm obviously kind of a noobie at this hobby so specific suggestions that would plug and play in the arrma talion v3 would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!

Using the Max 6 with the stock motor is fine, although the price you pay for upgrading will yield a marginal performance gain, if any.
I wouldn't think using a 5892 motor is ideal, it would require a completely new motor mount, and I believe you'd need 1.5 Mod pinion and spur gears, way too much effort IMO, but I am no expert, others here can better advice you.

EDIT: Instead of the 5892, you might want to consider the Hobbystar 4092 or Leopard 4092. While the hobbystar is not rated for 8s, RC Juice ran it on 8S in a Traxxas UDR. Apparently it was ok, according to them it is ok to run it on 8S as long as you watch the temps. But that's always the case for any motors

Last edited:
Have you thought of going this rout instead of 8s?

This is what you can do on 6s and he’ll give advice on how to achieve it too. If you just want more torque and speed I think these motors are an option.

Last edited:
If you want to fit huge motors, this will let you run 1717s: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-M...r-for-Arrma-Senton-6S-BLX-Silver/332864852757 Iove TPs & many of their long cans run 8s, including 2000+kv versions although they don't recommend extended speedruns - as some found out the hard way :cry:
This guys TP is a 107mm can 2600kv 75,000 rpm 6s only motor. He had them spec built with TP for speed runs. He has a drag motor too. This motor can do much more than just speed runs. This guy got 140 mph on 6s.

Have you thought of going this rout instead of 8s?

This is what you can do on 6s and he’ll give advice on how to achieve it too. If you just want more torque and speed I think these motors are an option.
I actually just reached out to him. So perhaps, thanks!

The reason is to have an ESC that can run 8S for future rigs as well as a bit more performance in the meantime. Or should I hold off for the Max5? Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks fellas

The reason is to have an ESC that can run 8S for future rigs as well as a bit more performance in the meantime. Or should I hold off for the Max5? Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks fellas
I'd only buy a max5 if you plan on buying an Xmaxx. If you don't plan on buying anything that heavy then I'd buy the max6 because the 5 would just be completely unnecessary...

Also the castle XLX is a way better esc then the max5

So I’m just curious if anyone has tried to upgrade their car to 8s. I know the car is fast already but always fun to push the limits more!!! I imagine a maxx 6 paired with a motor should be able to push the talion over 100mph?
Yes I have been running 8s in Arrma Talion. I did change the ESC to a 160amp Hobby wing ESC. I was very impressed with how well made this ESC is. I have had 3 runs so far,and so far everything fine. I’ve been using it in a reasonably flat field with maximum runs of just over 150 yards so probably only using full throttle for 2/3 seconds at a time. I’ve lowered the front end to control wheelies but totally awesome. I also don’t floor the throttle instantly to protect diffs etc probably take 1 to 1.5 seconds to floor it.The motor does get warm. I think if you were doing lots of long runs the motor may get too hot but will keep you posted on reliability. I still have the standard pinion on at the moment will change the pinion this week. I have bought an 18t pinion rather than the included 20 because using on grass.

I meant to ask if the Arrma 2050KV stock BLX motor would stand up to the Hobbywing Max6 on 6S not 8S. My fault on the typo.
I am running 8s to the standard Talion motor via a 160 amp ESC. The rpm limit on the motor is 50000 rpm. The motor would never run that fast under load. I think the motor can take it as long as you monitor temps and watch load when changing to a bigger pinion

So I’m just curious if anyone has tried to upgrade their car to 8s. I know the car is fast already but always fun to push the limits more!!! I imagine a maxx 6 paired with a motor should be able to push the talion over 100mph
Yes I’ve had a talion running 8s. I upgraded the ESC to 8s. But kept the stock motor. I can’t remember pinion size. But it just wheelies over all the time. This might sound stupid but I taped a 1 kilo weight on to the front end to stop it wheeling over. This did solve the wheelies and acceleration was awesome, but soon as you put the brakes on the nose dug into the grass and it went head over heels. So basically 8s on this car is overkill.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back