Big Rock Anyone run a BLX 2400kv motor on their Big Rock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Looking at possibly getting a blx 2400 motor for the BR and wondering if anyone out there has used this set up to run both 3s and 4s batteries? I already have a 4s ESC (Firma 130) My two concerns are 1, that running a 2400 on 3s will lower my top speed and performance that it is currently getting on the stock 3200. Would I just gear up to compensate? Number 2 will a 4s battery be to much for the big rock drive train to handle?

Yes the set up works,

You will need to gear up with the 2400 yes

I’ve ran 4s in a senton with a 2400kv motor same 4x4 drivetrain, has held up fine so far. Mostly run 3s though as temps are waaaay cooler than with the 3200 which was my goal for the constant laps I do.

Yes the set up works,

I’ve ran 4s in a senton with a 2400kv motor same 4x4 drivetrain, has held up fine so far. Mostly run 3s though as temps are waaaay cooler than with the 3200 which was my goal for the constant laps I do.
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like we have the same goal of running a 4s system on 3s to keep everything cooler. Can I ask what pinion gear you are using? I'm trying to find a solution to run 3s on this system and keep my speed about 50 with is what it was stock. Also have the ability to through a 4s battery in every now and then to rip it up. Lastly is the stock heat sink and fan keeping everything cool?

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like we have the same goal of running a 4s system on 3s to keep everything cooler. Can I ask what pinion gear you are using? I'm trying to find a solution to run 3s on this system and keep my speed about 50 with is what it was stock. Also have the ability to through a 4s battery in every now and then to rip it up. Lastly is the stock heat sink and fan keeping everything cool?
Yea I was having terrible luck with the spek 3200 with heat an bearings than had to wait a while for a hh warranty replacement so I went with a after market combo.

I run a 25/26t with the stock 57t spur. But my tires are also a lot smaller than the big rocks so that will play a factor.

I am using a after market sink/fans

D51EE776-0AA9-4131-8FAA-04027445A75F.jpeg

Last edited:
Yea I was having terrible luck with the spek 3200 with heat an bearings than had to wait a while for a hh warranty replacement so I went with a after market combo.

I run a 25/26t with the stock 57t spur. But my tires are also a lot smaller than the big rocks so that will play a factor.

I am using a after market sink/fans

View attachment 197404
Will 26t fit with stock motor Mount?

Yes the set up works,

Do you run the stock pin and gear or did you have to gear up a little to compensate for the lower KV?

I’m running a 25/26t pinion with the stock 57t spur. You can switch to the vendetta spur(50t I believe) n you can play with gearing. Won’t need to gear as high

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back