Outcast Anyone running 5s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beej

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I love my new outcast so far. Probably top 3 RC's ive ever owned in the last 5+ years of being into the hobby. On 4s she is a blast as is, on 6s it is fun in the beginning with the craziness but just a bit too much for me to actually enjoy without fear of breaking something. I feel like 5s could be just about perfect. I have mine with the stock electronics now but I do have a mamba monster X sitting on the bench I could throw in for settings on the 5s.

I've thought about doing this, but I haven't bought the 2S batteries I'd need to make it happen. Let us know how it turns out if you go down this route.

I cannot remember where but on one of the forums a guy made a build thread for a 5s Kraton and said 5s is the sweet spot for these trucks, it has enough power to do stunts and stuff, but it's not crazy enough to break everything.

Honestly asking - would most of the risk in 6s be mitigated by setting the throttle endpoint outside range? Like, +20%

I ran 5S on my Talion. I agree, it's a sweet spot. The sacrifice is that you need to turn the LVC off and monitor voltage using an external Lipo voltage meter/alarm. LVC kicks in after only a couple minutes as the ESC thinks you hit the 6S cutoff voltage.

I thought LVC had nothing to do with how many cells, but that's just a newbie assumption :) I run 4S, do I need to change anything on my ESC then ? I know the stock setup is for 6S

Thank you.

I thought LVC had nothing to do with how many cells, but that's just a newbie assumption :) I run 4S, do I need to change anything on my ESC then ? I know the stock setup is for 6S

Thank you.

The BLX 185 can't recognize 5S. It thinks it is an undercharged 6S. So LVS kicks in. You don't have to anything to run 4S. It recognizes 4S.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back