Infraction Anyone running larger than 27t Pinion on an Infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankcfalco

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
I would like to try and hit 95 or 100mph if possible without going 8s. Anyone try a 34 or 35 tooth pinion gear?

Thanks,
Frank

Welcome to Arrma Forum.:)
You may need to drop the spur gear down a bit to make more speed with your existing pinion and/or fit the larger pinion. Others may chime in here. I working on my Limitless. The spools are different. Some say the sweet spot is a 6s pack tweaked properly. The Infraction's body becomes a limit at some point above 70mph. To much drag to overcome. IMO.

I would like to try and hit 95 or 100mph if possible without going 8s. Anyone try a 34 or 35 tooth pinion gear?

Thanks,
Frank
Have you run it with the 27 tooth pinion yet? If not be-careful with the temps, fried my stock ESC but I might have been pushing it a little too much.

Have you run it with the 27 tooth pinion yet? If not be-careful with the temps, fried my stock ESC but I might have been pushing it a little too much.
I have. And 84MPH was awesome. But I would like to really push it to it's max
Welcome to Arrma Forum.:)
You may need to drop the spur gear down a bit to make more speed with your existing pinion and/or fit the larger pinion. Others may chime in here. I working on my Limitless. The spools are different. Some say the sweet spot is a 6s pack tweaked properly. The Infraction's body becomes a limit at some point above 70mph. To much drag to overcome. IMO.
I was actually thinking about running a Traxxas XO 1 body on it. Might be better Aero

I have. And 84MPH was awesome. But I would like to really push it to it's max

I was actually thinking about running a Traxxas XO 1 body on it. Might be better Aero
I would get a Limitless body from JennysRc if yo want real speed with low drag. I considered an Infraction conversion for my Lim. chassis for change of pace. But, its more work than it appears to be. I got the Lim. for high speed reasons. The Infr. looks very nice, but its still a truck body. At higher speeds the truck tends to lift, crash and burn. Consider trimming the rear spoiler if you haven't yet for higher down force. Or even remove it altogether to test the difference.
Gearing for speed is one thing. Above 70MPH, aerodynamics takes over. That has to be tuned as well. The Limit has a locked spool at the center and makes it more easy to drive at speed than the Infraction with center open differential. There are better bodies than the XO1 out there. But its an option. And honestly, the Infr. body is the least aerodynamic of any out there for speed running.

Last edited:
The Limitless body isn’t much better than the Infraction body. The open wheel design is hard on your aero. You want a closed GT shell, like the XO1

I feel the Limitless has way better aero than the Infr. Gt bodies have been known to get good aero. The Infr. has a vertical grille and sharp upright windshield and a rear bed that creates much turbulance just ahead of its rear spoiler. The Lim., although open wheel, has traditionally been the leader in scale F1 design,despite its open wheel drag. F1 for 2020 will be using winglets mounted over the tires for tuning and minimal draft. The Lim and Infr. have good negative pressure below the chassis, that's what makes them shine. Negative pressure is more on the Lim. IMO. Can Am GT bodies are very slick too.

I know it’s a little heavy... but how about the unbreakable Bugatti body like I have. I can take a pic of it if you want? I’m not into speed running quite yet but just an idea. ?‍♂️

I know it’s a little heavy... but how about the unbreakable Bugatti body like I have. I can take a pic of it if you want? I’m not into speed running quite yet but just an idea. ?‍♂️
I think that’s a better body than the Infraction or Limitless. What I am waiting for is the Delta GT body. It looks amazing.

I am going to try a 35T pinion this Saturday and see what top speed I get with the stock body. I will let you all know :)

Cool, let me know was curious about this.
I think it should work! This gentleman was using a 30t Pinion and hit 96mph with stock electronics. He said he tried 34t pinion butthe ESC shut down. I am thinking playing with the Punch level may help with that. So I am thinking 100MPH should be possible. I will def know on Saturday if it doesn't rain.

I think it should work! This gentleman was using a 30t Pinion and hit 96mph with stock electronics. He said he tried 34t pinion butthe ESC shut down. I am thinking playing with the Punch level may help with that. So I am thinking 100MPH should be possible. I will def know on Saturday if it doesn't rain.

???????

That gentleman is Eric @RC DUDE81 ??????

Same thing happened to me, burnt up the ESC when I went up to the 27 tooth pinion.

Yeah, I pushed it a little harder then I should have. Punch level was stock.
Ah! Yeah I plan on only doing speed runs on the Infraction with the High gears. The other Infraction has a 21t and it is a sweet spot. It accelerates, drifts and bashes like an 18t, but hits 70mph.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back