Fireteam Anyone running thicker diff fluid on fireteam and still using e-brake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly81

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
I know everyone rags on the e-brake on the fireteam but I think it's kind of fun and I do use it, at least for now.

Wondering if anyone's changed to thicker diff fluids and still be able to use it? I know too thick and all 4 will lock, and kind of ruin the point. Primarily the center... I wouldn't think the F/R would make that much of a difference.

I know everyone rags on the e-brake on the fireteam but I think it's kind of fun and I do use it, at least for now.

Wondering if anyone's changed to thicker diff fluids and still be able to use it? I know too thick and all 4 will lock, and kind of ruin the point. Primarily the center... I wouldn't think the F/R would make that much of a difference.
Can't speak for the fireteam, but in the girlfriend's limitless I added the handbrake along with 20 mill for the center diff. And it still operates properly.

Hello and Welcome!

The Fireteam is a very different rig. I think if you are going to keep it on the ground and bash and NOT be a send-it person like Rich D. or RC Dude81 the stock fluid is perfect.

How I keep mine so I can really maneuver with it most all YT videos I watched and asked the YT'er questions they left the fluids stock (of course few that changed it). I would top all 3 off they we all very low in Arrma's normal fashion, SMH. In the end, depends on your bashing style and what you want to do with it. Bashing very hard but on the surface is for me and this rig.

Since I have an Infraction and drift slide or slide stop with the Infraction as well as Kraton EXB, TLR, etc. I removed the handbrake on the FT since I rather powerslide to a stop. 50/50 some like it some do not but go with what works for you (y)

If I ever play with the fluid I would start in the center with 300k but center only. Rich D. did 500k in the center and all others are stock but I do not want a rig that stands up and wheelie but there is more control to the F/R with the thicker center.....have a Kraton for that :) if I want to wheelie.

Again, welcome and share pics (y)

Hello and Welcome!

The Fireteam is a very different rig. I think if you are going to keep it on the ground and bash and NOT be a send-it person like Rich D. or RC Dude81 the stock fluid is perfect.

How I keep mine so I can really maneuver with it most all YT videos I watched and asked the YT'er questions they left the fluids stock (of course few that changed it). I would top all 3 off they we all very low in Arrma's normal fashion, SMH. In the end, depends on your bashing style and what you want to do with it. Bashing very hard but on the surface is for me and this rig.

Since I have an Infraction and drift slide or slide stop with the Infraction as well as Kraton EXB, TLR, etc. I removed the handbrake on the FT since I rather powerslide to a stop. 50/50 some like it some do not but go with what works for you (y)

If I ever play with the fluid I would start in the center with 300k but center only. Rich D. did 500k in the center and all others are stock but I do not want a rig that stands up and wheelie but there is more control to the F/R with the thicker center.....have a Kraton for that :) if I want to wheelie.

Again, welcome and share pics (y)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm probably a similar driver, and why I ended up getting the fireteam. I like to jump, but not flips and tricks - just be able to control for a flat landing. Also like that it doesn't wheelie like mad - I have a granite when I want to flip over endo when I hit the brakes.
Sounds like a good idea to check the fluids first on stock so I have the right idea how it runs on that viscocity.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm probably a similar driver, and why I ended up getting the fireteam. I like to jump, but not flips and tricks - just be able to control for a flat landing. Also like that it doesn't wheelie like mad - I have a granite when I want to flip over endo when I hit the brakes.
Sounds like a good idea to check the fluids first on stock so I have the right idea how it runs on that viscocity.

Sounds good. FT is good as you said small jumps in that range are perfect. I only made a few changes not going to spend a lot of money on it since it is not like my Kraton as a serious basher will not run the FT like that:

Ebays aluminum chassis braces I found cheap to remove the plastic. Will not pay the M2C cost
EXB servo mount because the plastic mount does flex
I always replace the center diff plastic top diff cover with an HR one. As well as that other plastic mount the center diff bearing rests in so it is metal on both sides of the mount. Normal for me on all 6S rigs.
Added cost, but I do like the M2C Hex extenders for just that wider stance for better bashing.

Found that I needed extra shims on my front/rear diffs so they did not move side/side in the diff cup. Even on my center diff but due to the HR parts required the extra shims that come with the FT. Fluids were low in the diffs. All normal service and stuff I had on hand.

I like AVC so added that but that rx was on hand, no cost.

Enjoy it....it's a fun rig out of the box those minor changes are not needed but certainly the diff fluids and shimming are wise to do.

Enjoy (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back