Typhon Anyone running TP 4050cm 3200kv on 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Anyone running TP 4050cm 3200kv on 6s; if so what size pinion? Right now I have no idea what to gear at. Going to run some type of street specific wheels/tires.

Going to be a GT8 conversion Porsche ?

Started design phase of carbon fiber chassis today to run 2x 3s graphenes (1x on each side of chassis).

Plan is to deanodize and polish all aluminum and other metal parts again which is time consuming for sure.

That Porsche body is going to look very cool on top of all that kit, ...agree that you've got to make it fast if you're putting a Porsche body on it. :D

Good luck with it and look forward to seeing your progress.

Can’t go wrong with either one. Which ever one you don’t use I can use the other one(y)

Did you cut the chassis yourself? very nice build. xlx for speedruns..

Yes, I designed and cut the chassis. May use the xlx and mount it center above the center diff like my other builds with a longer cf mount. Like my senton and Kraton just a bit longer for the xlx.

Last edited:
Finally made some progress today. Chassis is at a good mock-up stage. Picked up some 4mm thick foam sheets today for battery cushion inserts, and going to try out making some color inserts. Arrma Typhon GT8 LE on both sides :geek:

A2C56A9D-C9FC-4001-AE29-69BD4FA81705.jpeg

Finally made some progress today. Chassis is at a good mock-up stage. Picked up some 4mm thick foam sheets today for battery cushion inserts, and going to try out making some color inserts. Arrma Typhon GT8 LE on both sides :geek:

View attachment 35379

Can't wait to see how you turn this one on!

What's the speed goal you have in mind?
Also out of curiosity why this 4050 over the 4060 or 4070?

As for gearing I'd start small like 18/46 and work your way up looking at data logs of motor rpm to help you make the next choice in gear size.

I may have missed it, but what tires do you plan to run?

-Liberty

i don't really have a speed goal in mind. I do want faster than my kraton setup which is a HW max5 esc, TP 4070cm 2200kv, 6s graphene, 20/50 pinion/spur :p

I have not even driven my senton yet which is a HW max5 esc, leopard 4092 1730kv, 6s graphene, 25/50 pinion/spur.

tires purchased are GRP GTX01-S5 (4) 1:8 GT Medium compound.

Last edited:
i don't really have a speed goal in mind. I do want faster than my kraton setup which is a HW max5 esc, TP 4070cm 2200kv, 6s graphene, 20/50 pinion/spur :p

I have not even driven my senton yet with is a HW max5 esc, leopard 4092 1730kv, 6s graphene, 25/50 pinion/spur.

tires purchased are GRP GTX01-S5 (4) 1:8 GT Medium compound.

This sort of build should have no issues breaking 100mph.

Given the KV of the TP motor you have selected that same 20/50 gear ratio might be a good starting point. The GRP tire diameter is relatively small. You will likely need to gear up, but its always best to start small. BSR foams are slightly taller, but expensive to run, Any crash or rocks on road can destroy them. Foams are really not ideal until you get the car dialed in, and typically not necessary unless you are going over 140mph.

-Liberty

Back