Typhon Anyone running TP 4050cm 3200kv on 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info. ;)
Just pondering what smaller size motors are capable of in 8S for a possible project idea which has limited space (4070 too big).

When checking fitment be aware Y wind motors in some instances are longer.

Back to running state ?
753053A1-8729-4888-B1AE-7B445E04FF9A.jpeg

ECA018C9-467F-4695-83FD-A57FC75E10BB.jpeg

The first 2x runs were “fast” and spins tires so easily it’s ridiculous ?

The first 2x runs were “fast” and spins tires so easily it’s ridiculous ?
I did watch your videos and it seemed to be itching to fly. :devilish: :cool:

My Typhon can spin wheels on command whilst rolling, ...I don't think people realise just how powerful these RC's can be when correctly modified.

A friend of mine at the last ROSSA event got this data from his ESC/motor: his GTP2 pulled 14.796bhp and weighs 5kg which apparently gave his car a power to weight ratio of 2953Bhp odd per ton! :oops:
To put that in context the Bugatti Veyron has around 500Bhp per ton. Nuts when you think about it.

Check out this video; i like the esc/motor combos ?

the limitless looks like a hw max5 with tp 4070cm 2200kv same as my Kraton. It is a great combo.

The infraction towards the end looks like a tp 4060cm with a ZTW beast pro 300a. It is such a monster esc. I can’t believe no fans on that motor... The same esc is in my nib fid dragon hammer voltz in the basement ?

Last edited:
I watched that video last night actually @joostin420 .
I'm subscribed to his channel but have also been searching on YouTube for 8S Limitless/Infraction models to see what the first owners are doing.

I've not seen that ESC before which was in the Infraction and was surprised at how big it was. Monster as you say.
Regarding having no fans on his motor as long as he's only doing drag racing or speed runs with a cooling down period after say each 10-30 second use it shouldn't be an issue. Fastest RC driver in the UK I know has no fans on any of his motors that he uses. ;)

That vid is pretty cool and that ZTW beast pro 300a is HUGE..!!!

Did anyone notice though that his Nissan GTR towards the end of the vid has
parachute on the back..????

Did anyone notice though that his Nissan GTR towards the end of the vid has parachute on the back..????
AMS Alpha 16X!! That's some serious money.

Joostin, I'm really interested to see how you're digital camo hydro dipping turns out. Good luck with it (y)(y)..

I am going to review everything via castlelink prior to running.

before I attempt running again does anyone have any suggestions for settings of the castle xlx? maybe @phildogg

my setup:
- castle xlx
- tp 4050cm 3200kv
- killmode 13,200uf cap pack
- 2x 3s 6000mah turnigy graphene
- 22/46 pinion/spur
- grp gtx01-s5 wheels/tires

Should net around a 90-95mph top speed. Plenty for a parking lot basher (I got the impression you were not looking for top speeds)

I almost went with that ZTW beast 12s esc for my Unlimited build, but no one has actually gone fast with it yet. Decided to go with the tried, true, and tested XLX for now.

-Liberty

^ is the above Bolospeed available as an app?

(Don’t have a PC ??‍♂️ )

Or is there a good online or app based one would like to work out my Typhon build

yeah, not looking to break any land speed records - just drive very fast in parking lots ;)

I have not linked up the xlx to a computer yet and trying to find out prior if there are any specific settings and changes I should make on the xlx with my setup :unsure:

the ztw beast pro 300a is gigantic and you don't realize until you see it first hand :D

Last edited:
yeah, not looking to break any land speed records - just drive very fast in parking lots ;)

I have not linked up the xlx yet to a computer yet and trying to find out prior if there are any specific settings and changes I should make on the xlx with my setup :unsure:

the ztw beast pro 300a is gigantic and you don't realize until you see it first hand :D

When linked up to the computer you can tune things in a more detailed way, plus many features not accessible through other methods. You can build throttle and brake curves, amperage limiting. Start power if you are having any cogging starting from a stop. Tons in there to play with. It is always good to download data logs after establishing a new setup to confirm things are ok (temps, ripple voltage, motor rpm)

no settings suggestions?

I read somewhere to leave the xlx timing at default normal (10), but then someone else says they changed it to 0 with a tp d wind motor ??‍♂️

no settings suggestions?

I read somewhere to leave the xlx timing at default normal (10), but then someone else says they changed it to 0 with a tp d wind motor ??‍♂️
Yep, d wind is 0-5 degrees. Y wind is 10-15
Those are ball parks. You really have to do some runs, check motor temps and compare logs/ performance.

Getting things more sorted out.

Upper Front bumper mount fabbed, adjusted front shocks with longer ends, fabbed new esc plate, mounted yeah racing heatsink with thermal pad material, rear motor brace fitted, 2mm hub spacers at each corner.

View attachment 42295
Where did you find the motor brace? Been looking for something similar. Thanks!

Back