Typhon Anyone running TP 4050cm 3200kv on 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thinking about gearing now and I kind of like the 46t spur suggestion. why 46t and which manufacturer is compatible? I did a few calculations; I want a capable head turning parking lot machine that is driveable, and not just in a straight line.

what about diff fluid weights; again I want driveable, and not just in a straight line?

View attachment 35838

View attachment 35839

thanx,

justin

I actually changed out my Center Diff gear/spur gear, with a 50t. Great acceleration, specially with the punch setting at 9, lose a bit of Top Speed... generally though I found it is great for less heating issues above all. I was very surprised how well that gearing ratio worked for just, all around bashing, that I think I will just buy a separate Center Diff housing and satellite gears, put the stock 46T (or whatever other speed run Spur gear) on the additional Center Diff and swap out each of the housing units when appropriate!

Hope that helps with any other ideas you've been pondering!

Edit: Sorry, I have right now, 30k Diff in the Front - Center has 500K - and Rear has 50K. Soo much more even power distribution, and even tire wear. Prior to the oil change in the diffs, I noticed I could drift, doughnut so much easier turning to the right then the left. After the Diff oil change, going either left or right it will now break and drift along along with feeling easier to break into a drift almost at any point of the turn now.

Hence, so far really liking this Diff Oil set up!

Last edited:
You’re 4 months behind ?.

Hmmm, the stock spur gear is 50t. The hr 46t spur converted worked out great.

You’re 4 months behind ?.

Hmmm, the stock spur gear is 50t. The hr 46t spur converted worked out great.
At least now if someone wants to follow your foot steps the infraction spur is 46t (less customization required)

Thanx man ❤ This project took a long time - 8 months. Took 8 weeks to get the replacement xlx from castle. Interim I had a NIB xlx I installed and back to new ? just have not had time to run it since then though.

Got a larger 25,000uf cap pack I need to install since I took the killmode for my redcat be6s/tm bes upgrading ?

Last edited:
Thank man ❤ This project took a long time - 8 months. Took 8 weeks to get the replacement xlx from castle. Interim I had a NIB xlx I installed and back to new ? just have not had time to run it since then though.

Got a larger 25,000uf cap pack I need to install since I took the killmode for my redcat be6s/tm bes upgrading ?

That kind of setup takes some serious dedication... I had a stupid issue with my TP motor and I totally bailed on the project... You did such nice work on that one. That is the nicest rc on this entire forum in my opinion.

What happened with your tp motor?

after like a month of waiting for it and making claims with tp and ups they finally sent me a new one and by then the weather was $hit and i just put it on ice. then i put the whole setup in my lwb notorius for a snow/sand rig with paddles. that one is done at least. lol

Thanx man ❤ This project took a long time - 8 months. Took 8 weeks to get the replacement xlx from castle. Interim I had a NIB xlx I installed and back to new ? just have not had time to run it since then though.

that thing would prob make a sick drag car

Thanx ?. Doubled up the cf in order to use the front and rear diff housing mounting sections, and to recess the battery locations for foam inserts.

I use a scroll saw and a ton of blades ?
I did mine with CF jigsaw blades and still on the first blade, but not nearly as pretty as Joostin's
Fancy buggers, ...I use a steady hand and a Dremel with HSS cutting discs.

Cutting a straight line longer than 5cm requires 2 weeks abstinence from alcohol before hand and a 100 Hail Mary's. :LOL: ;) ;)

So what thickness of carbon would I got with for the battery trays and shock towers?
Hopefully the other guys will chip in with their thoughts as well @joostin420 @LibertyMKiii .

For the shock tower on my Typhon I used 5mm and for my rear wing 4mm.
On battery trays I've used 2, 2.5mm and once 3mm. I'd go with 2-2.5mm for battery trays to be honest (used 3mm before just as it's what I had). (y)

Back