Kraton Anyone running tp 4070cm 2200kv on 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have a temp gun. The motor gets hot to the touch for sure during 20min flat out parking lot bash - pretty much a 20min speed run :p The hw max 5 esc thermals right at the end of the run with ambient outdoor temps 75-85 degrees Fahrenheit with the tarmac probably at least 20 degrees higher.

I may add standoffs to the yeah twin fans since they are mounted directly to the heatsink now.

It’s a heck of a ride ?

I don’t have a temp gun. The motor gets hot to the touch for sure during 20min flat out parking lot bash - pretty much a 20min speed run :p The hw max 5 esc thermals right at the end of the run with ambient outdoor temps 75-85 degrees Fahrenheit with the tarmac probably at least 20 degrees higher.

I may add standoffs to the yeah twin fans since they are mounted directly to the heatsink now.

It’s a heck of a ride ?
I'm thinking of adding the standoffs on my typhon. I'm hoping that using them will increase air flow. Having them right on the heatsink, it seems like too much air is trying to push back through the fan.

I'm thinking of adding the standoffs on my typhon. I'm hoping that using them will increase air flow. Having them right on the heatsink, it seems like too much air is trying to push back through the fan.

Add the standoffs! Directly to the heatsink they get choked.. Youll hear them run much better instantly!

On the typhon however.. You need to raise the back of your body.. Cause when you put the standoffs, the fan is touching the body.. And less able to suck in air..

Post #9 in this thread shows how i did it..
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-to-raise-rear-of-typhon-body.13047/

Last edited:
haven't had time to work on the kraton; will eventually add standoffs for the fans since there is no space restriction.

almost done redoing the wiring and installing new spare xlx and cleanup post original xlx fire in the typhon GT8LE...

tires can be found here: https://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1024.html

Out of curiosity, did you add that motor support (40mm nitro exhaust bracket) to solve a specific issue? Were you having some vibration from the motor?

I know most don’t and to a agree most get away with it but I’ve seen a few chassis that have been marked where the motor end bell has hit it due to flexing.

Sub 80mm which tends to be the majority of 1/8 motors I wouldn’t worry but when going 90-100mm that’s a fair amount of force held in place by two M4 screws let alone some companies M3 mounts!!!!

I’ve got a cool motor mount here ready if I need it, it’s made for an RC boat and will allow me to fit and adjust as needed should I change pinions.

I added the rear motor brace/mount for peace of mind. The tp 4070cm 2200kv motor is 107mm in length. The brace is actually a nitro boat exhaust mount.

I do run these braces on all of my 40-45mm motors.

Check out vas krazy kaos reaper for example. He did use a brace, but was not secured enough on the chassis.

hello,

Anyone running tp 4070cm 2200kv on 6s; if so what size pinion? Right now I am planning on 16t.

I am not going higher than 6s. is the hobbywing max 5 good enough esc, because I also have a castle xlx?

View attachment 14143
View attachment 14144
View attachment 14145
View attachment 14146

Thanx,

Justin
Updates? Howe's she running brother? Any videos?? ??
Finished then custom wing/wheelie bar mount and installed the GKA rear brace. Also made a cf wing brace. Now I can finally paint the body.
View attachment 16494
View attachment 16495
View attachment 16496
View attachment 16497
View attachment 16498
View attachment 16499
View attachment 16500
My second read through of you're build. Sick rig brother! Very well done! ?

Last edited:
Is that TM body ? I need buy one. Try on my Talion. Looks SICK.

I have read these TP motors got problem with axle, is this true ?

They make 8mm axle also? is there any 8mm pinions that fits in my talion?

Im going to bash this hard in gravel pits also.

CM model is for RACING, NOT for bashing i have also read? is this true or bullshiat ?

I use Dust Cover always. to Protect my center gear and esc fans from smal stones. Very happy with mine. Brand Dusty

Joostin you have one Ripple Killer Capacitor pack there also?

Is that TM body ? I need buy one. Try on my Talion. Looks SICK.

I have read these TP motors got problem with axle, is this true ?

They make 8mm axle also? is there any 8mm pinions that fits in my talion?

Im going to bash this hard in gravel pits also.

CM model is for RACING, NOT for bashing i have also read? is this true or bullshiat ?

I use Dust Cover always. to Protect my center gear and esc fans from smal stones. Very happy with mine. Brand Dusty

Joostin you have one Ripple Killer Capacitor pack there also?
Thanx ?

Kraton = tp 4070cm 2200kv, hw max5 esc, killmode 13,200uf cap pack, 20/50 pinion/spur, 6s graphene.

redcat be6s/tm bes = hw 4985 1650kv, hw max6 esc, killmode 13,200uf cap pack, 25/46 pinion/spur, 6s.

I have had no problems with the tp cm motors, but I do run a custom brace/mount at the rear of the motors to be safe on a lot of my rigs. I get a full on 15min full on speed bash at the local recreational parking lot. I don’t jump it really since it is set up for tarmac mostly.

i want one brace rear self also if this helps.
my only problem is that i have Titanium chassie, i cant drill self in this i think?
Or do you have the brace loose only at the end of motor?
Hmmm

is there any video show how i can make this capacity pack by my self ? i want make it waterproof also

What capacitators i need?
Can i buy one already made in EU ?

Goddamn that TM Body is sick stuff. PERFECT COLOR also.

It’s a heck of a ride ?
Hey Justin,

awesome build! Just saw your thread as I’ve got a TP4050CM 2300kv in my KEXB but going up to the TP4070 2080kv for a bit more torque.

how did you get on with the Tp4070? What size pinion did you settle on?

cheers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back