Anyone shim the axle shafts behind the hexes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my fireteam hexes and shimmed them. I am happy with how the front turned out as the new rod ends got rid of most all the slop. The rear rod ends did not help though and they are still sloppy.

Got my fireteam hexes and shimmed them. I am happy with how the front turned out as the new rod ends got rid of most all the slop. The rear rod ends did not help though and they are still sloppy.

I used Mugen rod ends on my infraction, much less slop. I had to shorten them, so they might work on the fire team.

Just watched a guy put these onto a Kraton to tighten the Slop.

IMG_3086.jpeg

I shim the sh!t out of everything including behind the hubs. Not a fan of slop. I buy assorted containers and packages of all types of shims including brass, bronze and SS.
You can just see the bronze bushing behind the hub in the first pic and the brass shims for the ladder arms in the second pic.

IMG_20220417_034814.jpg
IMG_20220417_035724.jpg

I shim the sh!t out of everything including behind the hubs. Not a fan of slop. I buy assorted containers and packages of all types of shims including brass, bronze and SS.
You can just see the bronze bushing behind the hub in the first pic and the brass shims for the ladder arms in the second pic.

View attachment 237815View attachment 237816
Needs rear cvds :p

And your right rear camber link is on backwards, put the reverse thread facing the drivers side of the car as it makes making suspension adjustments a little easier, at least it does for me. You can turn your wrench the same direction on each side to make any adjustments. If you look at a lot manuals you will notice they all show putting the links on like that as well.

Last edited:
Needs rear cvds :p

And your right rear camber link is on backwards, put the reverse thread facing the drivers side of the car as it makes making suspension adjustments a little easier, at least it does for me. You can turn your wrench the same direction on each side to make any adjustments. If you look at a lot manuals you will notice they all show putting the links on like that as well.
I was thinking about the CVD's for the rear but so far I have had no problems with axles popping out. Any other reason to use them?

I was thinking about the CVD's for the rear but so far I have had no problems with axles popping out. Any other reason to use them?
You only need to replace the pins on one end when they wear out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back