Granite Anyone tried Integy shock set for Arrma 3s blx (Billet Machined Piggyback Shock Set for Arrma 1/10 Granite 4X4 3S BLX C30939)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sissylettice

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has tried the integy shocks made specifically for the 3s blx lineup.
My original stock shocks are long since discarded. I had some Hot-Racing 1/10 around from another project that were a good fit, so I've been using them and they have been pretty good, but now that I'm jumping higher and longer, having some issues with bending shafts, breaking ends, and leaking.
I know I'll have to replace the HR's at some point, so just getting a jump on the decision making process.

Here's the link:
https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=39984&p_catid=492#.Y862y3bMIuU

Woah...
Those are some serious looking little shocks!

1674494191280.png

But for $80 a set ,I'd would expect it to Perform as expected.

I like these. Really big shaft. Parts available. Different springs sets available. Shaft protection. Price is cheaper than when I purchased. Really like how adjustable they are. Used different springs on front and rear. Like the two stage springs a lot. Have two springs per shock.. Allows for really fine tuning by using mixed rates on top and bottom spring. Spring compression can only do so much before bottoms out. Different spring rates are the key to adjustment.

My test is on landing does it stay planted or try to bounce. Right springs, oil etc makes the truck stay planted when it lands. That says the shocks are doing their job. Stock like to bounce hard, even to flip. Shocks make or break the enjoyment of a unit to me. The key to handling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R5HKD76/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like these. Really big shaft. Parts available. Different springs sets available. Shaft protection. Price is cheaper than when I purchased. Really like how adjustable they are. Used different springs on front and rear. Like the two stage springs a lot. Have two springs per shock.. Allows for really fine tuning by using mixed rates on top and bottom spring. Spring compression can only do so much before bottoms out. Different spring rates are the key to adjustment.

My test is on landing does it stay planted or try to bounce. Right springs, oil etc makes the truck stay planted when it lands. That says the shocks are doing their job. Stock like to bounce hard, even to flip. Shocks make or break the enjoyment of a unit to me. The key to handling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R5HKD76/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yup, the Prolines or GPMs are already my plan if someone doesn't provide a some good feedback on the integy set

OK, I decided to try the ebay cheapo shocks first ($30 for 4 shocks) and they have been excellent except for the rod ends. I broke 2 ends in the first 10 minutes, but after replacing all 4 with higher quality ends that I had laying around in the spare parts drawer, its been perfect. 4mm Shafts really do make a difference with big jumps.
I'm comparing these to the stock originals, and a hot-racing combo of td120x06 in the rear, and td105x06in the front. These are more durable by far excluding the rod ends.

I’ve been really happy with 6s shocks on my 3/4s cars for over 2 years now. Mojave fronts up front and 6s Kraton front on the rear. Extremely durable.

I’ve been really happy with 6s shocks on my 3/4s cars for over 2 years now. Mojave fronts up front and 6s Kraton front on the rear. Extremely durable.
Me too. Although I haven't used them for long. I'm using the 6s Typhon shocks though.

I like the 6s shock option too, but it's $100 vs $30, so I figured I'd give this cheap option a try before going all in on the 6s or Pro-line.

Me too. Although I haven't used them for long. I'm using the 6s Typhon shocks though.
When I was upgrading all of my cars those were hard to get and a lot more expensive then mojave/Kraton shocks. Not sure what they are now. Even the ones I like have gotten a lot more expensive. I bought a pair of Mojave rear shocks recently, which only cost like 15 bucks, and set them up with rear 6s Kraton springs for one of my 4s cars. Much more reasonable cost and works great.

When I was upgrading all of my cars those were hard to get and a lot more expensive then mojave/Kraton shocks. Not sure what they are now. Even the ones I like have gotten a lot more expensive. I bought a pair of Mojave rear shocks recently, which only cost like 15 bucks, and set them up with rear 6s Kraton springs for one of my 4s cars. Much more reasonable cost and works great.
Yes that's why I closed my eyes and pressed BUY.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back