Anyone tried Rubberbands on big rock 3s shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arawak420

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 6s
To lower the center of gravity to improve its stability in turning corners and prevent rollovers

Haven't thought of rubber bands on anything RC related. Not practical. IMHO. But I understand your thinking.
If you tune your shocks properly, you will have way better results. Learn about shock droop, shock pack, pistons and springs, preload and oil options . You will accomplish a LCG as well as better handling. Others may chime in.:cool:

I'm not sure how rubber bands can lower the center of gravity. Are you talking using them like suspension limiters to lower the entire car?

Yeah like rock crawler guys do. They get awsome results. tie rubberband around shock tower under the lower shock mount.

Yeah like rock crawler guys do. They get awsome results. tie rubberband around shock tower under the lower shock mount.
I don't think that a rubber band would last very long on a basher though, especially considering that the lower shock mount is so low on the car and makes contact with the ground quite often.

The lower shock mount touches the ground? That sounds like a design flaw. It should never touch the ground. The chasis should be the only thing slapping the ground.

The lower shock mount touches the ground? That sounds like a design flaw. It should never touch the ground. The chasis should be the only thing slapping the ground.
I mean it can make contact with the ground.
You can see the flat spot on the bottom of the shock eyelet.
15873957751387960207253871601767.jpg

But no flat spot on the A arm where the shock mounts? I think that is physically impossible.
Pretty sure I had flipped the a arm over before I took that pic.

And why do you keep necroing old threads?

There’s a few guys building post counts. I predict you will see them in classifieds soon ?✌?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back