Kraton ANYONE TRIED RUNNING THE HOBBYSTAR 2200KV ON 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I have one of these motors. The specs. say it’s only good for 18v. I want to put it in my Talion to replace an old HW 2200kv. Of course I want to run 6s. What do you guys think? Think that 18v motor will survive 6s?

if you’re conservative it might work but ultimately nobody knows how you drive and pushing a motor past it’s spec’ed voltage and RPM rating is usually not a recipe for longevity.

You never really know, but my guess is that it’ll be just fine on 6S.

Plus the nice thing about hobbystar motors is that they’re cheap to replace.

I’d run it 🤷‍♂️
I put it in and it runs a lot cooler than the 4274. I ran hard with the same gearing and had no heat issues. It performs very close to the HW. No loss, running cooler. Looks good being longer. No noticeable weight or balance either. It was cheap so if it craps out in a month I’ll get something else lol 😆

I put it in and it runs a lot cooler than the 4274. I ran hard with the same gearing and had no heat issues. It performs very close to the HW. No loss, running cooler. Looks good being longer. No noticeable weight or balance either. It was cheap so if it craps out in a month I’ll get something else lol 😆
If it dies snag a 1730kv and gear it up. I run mine geared 24/46 with fans. 4092's are on sale right now too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back