Anyone try gpm cvd shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickRR

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I have the mmx8s with paired 800kv and I'm going thru cvd shafts. So I'm wondering if anyone has tried these out and if they are more durable and worth the money as they are about the same cost of a stock DVD?
Thanks for any input.

They were out of stock just a few days ago. I see they have some now. I haven’t tried them but I’m going to order some now. Will report back in 4 months when I get ‘em.

I have the mmx8s with paired 800kv and I'm going thru cvd shafts. So I'm wondering if anyone has tried these out and if they are more durable and worth the money as they are about the same cost of a stock DVD?
Thanks for any input.
I installed them on my K8S and they are thicker than the stock ones for sure (5mm vs 7mm) . I haven't tested them yet but someone else bashed with them. They reported that they didn't bend like the stock ones do and they survived at least one bash session.
20200801_200755.jpg
20200801_134316.jpg

They were out of stock just a few days ago. I see they have some now. I haven’t tried them but I’m going to order some now. Will report back in 4 months when I get ‘em.
I've been getting stuff in a fairly decent time frame from China. I ordered some tires off eBay on the 5th of August and they were here by the 14th, the eta said they would be here on September 11th.

4 months? Got them in like 12 days when I ordered directly from GPM.

They sure did survive. The only problem I see now Is the 7mm thicker shaft will not bend like the stock but on a hard landing it can definitely damaged the diff cups or even the diff.

Thanks for any input.

I'm running the GPM's, I don't bash very hard but the stock ones bent very easily. (Heavy rig with 800kv)
The GPM's are still 100% straight.
At the rear the GPM's also seem to be robuster when it comes to stones and debris getting stuck between the CVD-shaft and the arm.
When ordered directly from GPM, I got them within 2 weeks.

I usually stay away from GPMs gears & driveshafts but they seem to be the same HRC45 stuff the stock shafts are made of & that stuff is such an industry standard that is hard to screw up. I had them on ever since I busted it on that rock & haven't give them a 2nd thought, plus I was getting tired of vicing the stock dogbones back straight.

I usually stay away from GPMs gears & driveshafts but they seem to be the same HRC45 stuff the stock shafts are made of & that stuff is such an industry standard that is hard to screw up. I had them on ever since I busted it on that rock & haven't give them a 2nd thought, plus I was getting tired of vicing the stock dogbones back straight.
They are probably made right next to the Arrma stock driveshafts at the same factory in China like lipo batteries from different brands ?
Thank you so much for all the input I am going to order two sets
I only use them on the rear. The front CVDS only bend a little for me (stock electronics though)
They sure did survive. The only problem I see now Is the 7mm thicker shaft will not bend like the stock but on a hard landing it can definitely damaged the diff cups or even the diff.
Don't say that. Knock on wood. ?

Thx for the input.

Well I ordered these around Monday or so,,,, they were in china as of yesterday and now I have them.....crazy! No hurry to install yet,
I may wait for autumn.

Well I ordered these around Monday or so,,,, they were in china as of yesterday and now I have them.....crazy! No hurry to install yet,
I may wait for autumn.
Cool. I'm only using them in the rear and have still not had time to test them out since I'm working so much.

I had a couple of bad landings today and I bent the right rear GPM 7mm shaft almost as bad as the stock one ?

I had a couple of bad landings today and I bent the right rear GPM 7mm shaft almost as bad as the stock one ?
At least they are only $40 a set instead of $20 each. I’m gonna pick some up for that reason alone. I keep shearing the pins off on the diff output side.

I think you get all 4 for $40. ?‍♂️

I think it's only 2. The GPM website is a little misleading when they say "4 piece set". The 4 pieces are:

"CVD drive shaft -2PCS
6x8 Screw Shaft -2PCS "

Either way, it's $40 for parts that may be a little stronger. So, might as well try them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back