Anyone try using prusament PC-Blend for impact parts like a bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to give it a try by printing this model in PC-Blend and maybe PC-Blend Carbon Fiber. The designer says he used PP which I have never used.

I see a lot of thingiverse models posted using TPU.

Pctpe is a staple in my stable when it comes to rc parts. Looking at that pc blend it takes 275 c hot end temps so most basic printers will have a hard time getting good layer adhesion unless you go extremely slow. I have a company out of Illinois that makes my blend for me. It’s a mix of pc, tpe and nylon. Mostly tpe. The additives are just to prevent it from being so floppy. A good ready made runner up like I said was the pctpe. Has a bit more pc in it but it is a tank. I would try to stay awake from 100% infill with it 75% I found to be the sweet spot to let it stretch and flex a bit because large parts like a bumper becomes hard and doesn’t like deflecting/absorbing impact.

Pctpe is a staple in my stable when it comes to rc parts. Looking at that pc blend it takes 275 c hot end temps so most basic printers will have a hard time getting good layer adhesion unless you go extremely slow. I have a company out of Illinois that makes my blend for me. It’s a mix of pc, tpe and nylon. Mostly tpe. The additives are just to prevent it from being so floppy. A good ready made runner up like I said was the pctpe. Has a bit more pc in it but it is a tank. I would try to stay awake from 100% infill with it 75% I found to be the sweet spot to let it stretch and flex a bit because large parts like a bumper becomes hard and doesn’t like deflecting/absorbing impact.
Thanks for the tips! You must be a big deal to get your own filament blend made lol. Do you have a specific brand / source for pctpe you would recommend?

I have a fully enclosed printer and have gotten into high temp filaments lately.

EDIT:

I found some PCTPE on amazon I may try - taulman3D Nylon Filament PCTPE

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Only 10 more hours to go….
4BD8935D-D4F4-4F04-A123-FA0302D481FF.jpeg

Thanks for the tips! You must be a big deal to get your own filament blend made lol. Do you have a specific brand / source for pctpe you would recommend?

I have a fully enclosed printer and have gotten into high temp filaments lately.

EDIT:

I found some PCTPE on amazon I may try - taulman3D Nylon Filament PCTPE

Thanks again.
Correct, taulman I believe is the only one who makes pctpe. No not a big deal lol they make small batch orders. But I go through approx 30 spools a month

Is that all RC stuff?
Mostly but I also do a lot of prototyping for a couple smaller business local to me and occasionally people will have me make gifts for loved ones.

Mostly but I also do a lot of prototyping for a couple smaller business local to me and occasionally people will have me make gifts for loved ones.

Aren't you glad you got into 3d printing..😎... All it took was that little nudge..🤣

First test bumper using PC - Blend filament did not survive a nose dive.

pc-blend-bumper.jpg

Going to print a test in PCTPE tonight. This filament is much smellier. MSDS sheet says the fumes aren't toxic, but I will have to add an exhaust so I don't get kicked out of the house.

First test bumper using PC - Blend filament did not survive a nose dive.

View attachment 217992

Going to print a test in PCTPE tonight. This filament is much smellier. MSDS sheet says the fumes aren't toxic, but I will have to add an exhaust so I don't get kicked out of the house.
If you need assistance feel free to ask.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back