Anyone try using prusament PC-Blend for impact parts like a bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far the bumper looks good and held up fine during a short run.

Thanks 3d-rc.myshopify.com for recommending PCTPE since I never heard of it before. Longterm goal is to design my own bumper with lights.

IMG_8098.jpg
IMG_8100.jpg

Perhaps I just need to learn how to drive better :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 218768

Looks like a clean break.. How fast were you going?

What temperatures are you printing at with this filament?

Also, you might want to design your parts physically Thicker, the bumper spring looks thin..

Lastly, if you have the time to swop out and recalibrate, try using a bigger nozzle so you can print in .6 or .8

Looks like a clean break.. How fast were you going?

What temperatures are you printing at with this filament?

Also, you might want to design your parts physically Thicker, the bumper spring looks thin..

Lastly, if you have the time to swop out and recalibrate, try using a bigger nozzle so you can print in .6 or .8
Thanks for the tips. I'm not sure how fast I was going, maybe 35mph?

The bumper was printed at 235C.

The design was actually from thingiverse. I wanted to try out some other people's design before making my own. I want to add a light bar to my bumper design. I agree about making the parts thicker.

I will try a .6 nozzle. I don't have .8.

This will have to wait a couple weeks as printing PCTPE smelt up my place. I plan on attaching a exhaust duct to the back of my printer.

It appears to be breaking at a layer line. You'd probably have a much stronger part if you can find a way to print it on its side.

It appears to be breaking at a layer line. You'd probably have a much stronger part if you can find a way to print it on its side.

I've been playing with orientation and wall counts for strength.

I would try printing that with a raft and supports and the part laid on it's side. More filament, longer print time, but should be stronger in the direction you need it to be.

I am going to give it a try by printing this model in PC-Blend and maybe PC-Blend Carbon Fiber. The designer says he used PP which I have never used.

I see a lot of thingiverse models posted using TPU.
I printed this in ABS the other day, but it was too brittle. The place it broke was along the holes for the screws on the bottom.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back