Anyone use Shoe Goo as protection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatal

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I'm wondering if anyone has used it on the outside of their car. I just got a Kraton EXB and I'm thinking of pouring some on the roof and possibly a strip along the front of the hood sort of like a bug deflector.

I already used two tubes on the inside of the body. I wish I could find some screw on roof rails.

I thought about clear protective film like what they use on car fenders and such like. I think shoe goo would be messy and look bad.

Something like a few strips of this

Screenshot_20210401-233017_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Heck we could do the whole body with that tape....

I had the shoe goo idea because when I look at some areas I did under the body it actually looks even and clear. but I suppose once it's scratched it will look like poop.

Shoegoo and drywall tape on the inside is a big yes. On the outside would be wasted and look ugly.
The body will get scratched up a little but that is not detrimental to it's looks. It will wear and tear and get punctures if you do not protect it from the inside.

Shoegoo and drywall tape on the inside is a big yes. On the outside would be wasted and look ugly.
The body will get scratched up a little but that is not detrimental to it's looks. It will wear and tear and get punctures if you do not protect it from the inside.
I did the inside tape/goo protection. Just looking for ideas for the outside to help minimize the scratches from sliding and tumbling.

I know in time it's going to get beat up.

I have 4 bodies for each rig for that reason. I hate scratches so I get new bodies all the time. I have the stock and 3 c10's for the kraton and the stock and 3 bought bodies for the noto. I have a rusian body each for bashing now and my shelf queen/fpv bodies I'm building now for them. My wall is covered in rc bodies. I just pick the one I want lol.

Your bodies will get scratched up no matter what you put on the outside. A few strategic body protectors will help but only a superficial band aid.

People have tried rubber undercoat and spray on bedliner on the outside. Ugly as heck and will peel off after a couple sessions. Just get a 2nd shelf queen body and keep it pristine. Some body skid buttons minimize road rash.
These work well.
Arrma 480017 AR480017 Bodypost Protection Set 8

Shoe goo on the outside will grab whatever it contacts more than the hard surface of the body, so it will cause more damage to it when you do land on the roof and slide. The hardness of the body makes it so the truck slides more and disperses the energy by letting the whole truck move with it as it slides.

I make my own roof skids... looks dumb, but keeps the soft material that probodyrc uses from grinding through on concrete. It's flexible and can withstand a ton of flexing/bending punishment, but it's worse at sliding on concrete than a normal body.

At $65 a body I’m not sure I want to buy multiple bodies right now. Once this one gets pretty beat up I will get a shelf queen body and continue reinforcing and using this one for as long as I can. I am just thinking about ways to prolong the inevitable.

At $65 a body I’m not sure I want to buy multiple bodies right now. Once this one gets pretty beat up I will get a shelf queen body and continue reinforcing and using this one for as long as I can. I am just thinking about ways to prolong the inevitable.
Yep, I get that for sure.

$80 seems a lot for a probodyrc body, but they really are worth it.

Stock 2018 body after a year on my outcast:
2019-0911-Outcast-RetiredOriginalBody.jpg

It was split in half at the base of the hood and behind the rear window. I held it together with bits of plastic and rivets. I started patching it after 4 months and continued to add patches until about a year.

probodyrc body after 18 months (from 2019/09/11 - 2021/03/04):
2021-0304-outcast-RoofSkid.jpg

Glue some popsicle sticks to the top and cover them with duct tape. Then grease the tape so it slides better. Then cover the grease with rainbow sprinkles and wait for the ants. The ants can lift 10x their weight, so when you land on your lid they can deadlift the truck so the body never contacts the ground.

Wait, that might look more stupider than normal bashing scuffs. I thought bodies were supposed to be consumables, like tires.

Glue some popsicle sticks to the top and cover them with duct tape. Then grease the tape so it slides better. Then cover the grease with rainbow sprinkles and wait for the ants. The ants can lift 10x their weight, so when you land on your lid they can deadlift the truck so the body never contacts the ground.

Wait, that might look more stupider than normal bashing scuffs. I thought bodies were supposed to be consumables, like tires.
Every forum has one. Thanks for showing yourself.

I did the inside tape/goo protection. Just looking for ideas for the outside to help minimize the scratches from sliding and tumbling.

I know in time it's going to get beat up.
That's what bashing is all about!...just stock up on shells! 😆👌🤙😜

Yep, I get that for sure.

$80 seems a lot for a probodyrc body, but they really are worth it.

Stock 2018 body after a year on my outcast:
2019-0911-Outcast-RetiredOriginalBody.jpg

It was split in half at the base of the hood and behind the rear window. I held it together with bits of plastic and rivets. I started patching it after 4 months and continued to add patches until about a year.

probodyrc body after 18 months (from 2019/09/11 - 2021/03/04):
2021-0304-outcast-RoofSkid.jpg

Did you choose the orange color? I may have to look into one of those..

Every forum has one. Thanks for showing yourself.
Oh, there's more than one. Kinda like what your mom tells you when you ask about your real dad. Nope, no humor tolerated here in the land of toy cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back