Kraton Anyone using Mugen gears? Need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingpin

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I'm frustrated.
Every single pin I have is too thick.
As pictured below I have the C0228 gear set and the joint pins don't fit. All too thick.
Anyone know the size of the pin or do I have to make these frikking things?

IMG_20211219_235734.jpg

Get a caliper and measure what you need. Then get some proper diameter HS drill blanks and cut/trim to size.
I don't know what size cross pins are available for those Mugen Sun gears. if there even are.
Just an idea.
I cut my own HS cross pins for my stocker Arrma Sun gears. They hold up much better over stock. Why I cut my own to begin with.

Get a caliper and measure what you need. Then get some proper diameter HS drill blanks and cut/trim to size.
I don't know what size cross pins are available for those Mugen Sun gears. if there even are.
Just an idea.
I cut my own HS cross pins for my stocker Arrma Sun gears. They hold up much better over stock. Why I cut my own to begin with.
I bought some blank hardened steel from McMaster a long time ago. I remember now I bought them just for this. Ends up I ordered 2mm which is what fits these but the blanks they sent me are 2.1mm. LOL I can't win. I bought some 2mm drill bits earlier on and it looks like I will go with those..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back