Anyone Using Single 6S Lipo battery brick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerljj1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
IMG_0118.PNG
Curious to know who's using a large single 6S Lipo. Thinking about getting this SMC 6S but it is heavy.

Interested in fellow Kraton owner's or other models' experience with large 6S batteries, if affects the balance of Kraton, can one still jump relatively flat or without tilting to battery side, other observations.

Thx!

Last edited:
I had a 6s brick for a while. Mine was a 5000mah "Thor" brand pack. In theory*, having a heavy battery on one side won't make it fly crooked. It will make it land hard, though. And handling will be effected, probably more than flight patterns.

Personally, I'd rather have 2x 6s packs that are closer to normal weight / size (4000mah-5000mah), vs this one Gi-normous brick.

*In theory, theory and Practice are the same. In Practice, they aren't.

Thx! The guy I bought my Kraton, although new, modified connector to allow for only one battery to be connected. He upgraded it with Hobbywing Max8.

Thx! The guy I bought my Kraton, although new, modified connector to allow for only one battery to be connected. He upgraded it with Hobbywing Max8.

I do this to any ESC I get that is pre-wired with a Y. All my 1/8 packs are either 4s bricks, or 2s packs with on-board plugs. No Y needed.

Yes sir. You have to be careful with those off brands though. The connectors are sometimes either slightly larger or slightly smaller. So it is either a pain to remove the battery or it doesn't stay plugged in.

Yeah I was going to check there and a few other places.

If you have a soldering iron you could always pick up some 12 and 10 gauge silicone wire, some 10 packs of various connectors, some various sizes of heat shrink and make any combination of adapters that you might need.

Thank you both.

thank you!

Can you elaborate some more? Thx

This is one pair of my 2s packs - notice the wiring lead plugs into the battery. Also see the jumper to the right?
20170427_085615.jpg

To use these 2x2s packs as a 4s, I plug one end of the xt90 harness into each battery, red to + on one, black to - on the other, then use the jumper between the other + and -
20170427_085850.jpg

Then I stack the batteries -
20170427_085804.jpg

This way I never need the stock Y harness that comes on the Arrma ESC's. So I removed the extra plug on the ESC side.

Makes sense?

Also, with the removable leads, as you can see in the pics, I have some leads with XT90's ( for my 1/8) and some leads with EC3 (for my 1/10). This way I can use the same batteries without adaptors. Also, one other note - some racers will skip the XT90/EC3 entirely, and just solder the 4mm bullet to the ESC lead, and plug it directly to the battery. This works if all your batteries are inboard plug type. I still use the XT90 because I have some 2s and 4s Lipos that have traditional wiring too.

Jerry

IMG_0031.JPG

Here is my setup. Why was planning of using adapter I purchased to run two 3s batteries. Or may just go with one large 6s. Right now running an SMC 6s True Spec Premium 22.2V 4500mAh 85Amps/90C Lipo weighing 594 grams.

Want to stick w SMC so their next 6s is a True Spec Premium 22.2V 9200mAh 186Amps/90C with G10 plates but weighs 1150 grams. Don know if weight will be a negative.

View attachment 12167 Curious to know who's using a large single 6S Lipo. Thinking about getting this SMC 6S but it is heavy.

Interested in fellow Kraton owner's or other models' experience with large 6S batteries, if affects the balance of Kraton, can one still jump relatively flat or without tilting to battery side, other observations.

Thx!

For what it's worth, I have this exact battery in my Kraton, and I have no problems with it. The Kraton chassis is balanced in such a way that having a heavy battery on one side won't mess up its center of gravity and handling.

Personally, I prefer only having to charge one battery and put one battery in my Kraton at a time, so this pack works great for me.

SMC is hard to beat for quality and value.

HRB 5000 or 6000 mah, 50c.

My MMX is wired for single connection because the leads are short out of the box. I made the Y adap

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back