Anyone Using Single 6S Lipo battery brick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running this turnigy heavy duty 6s in my Kraton with no issues

Attachments

• IMG_2605.PNG
    IMG_2605.PNG
    801.6 KB · Views: 88
For what it's worth, I have this exact battery in my Kraton, and I have no problems with it. The Kraton chassis is balanced in such a way that having a heavy battery on one side won't mess up its center of gravity and handling.

Personally, I prefer only having to charge one battery and put one battery in my Kraton at a time, so this pack works great for me.

SMC is hard to beat for quality and value.
I agree with all this.

Got the 9200 mAh 6S pack from SMC and it's amazing! I got over 90 minutes of run time in my first bashing session at a dirt track last weekend.

Must take hours to charge that.

I'm not saying the SMC is a bad choice, but pretty expensive. I can buy two of the HRB 5000mah 6s packs for the price of one SMC, and I have a dual charger that will charge them safely in an hour. Thats 10000mah, and if one has an issue, then I only have to replace $75 worth.

I have a Venom Pro Duo and while the manufacturer says I can charge at 2 C which would be 18.4 Amps, the charger maxes out at 8 Amps. Still it only takes about 2-3 hours, which is a great trade off considering the long run time. I usually do it the evening before I go out.

I'm not saying the SMC is a bad choice, but pretty expensive. I can buy two of the HRB 5000mah 6s packs for the price of one SMC, and I have a dual charger that will charge them safely in an hour. Thats 10000mah, and if one has an issue, then I only have to replace $75 worth.

That's actually a great point. The only advantage the SMC pack has is the 90 C rating, which is twice what Arrma recommends. Though I'm not sure if that helps with anything. Maybe slightly less risk of puffing if you accelerate to full throttle from standing still a lot?

I'll probably buy 2 3S when I need more because it'll be more versatile for my hopefully growing RC collection.

HRB is pretty good! No issues after about 6 cycles. The SMCs are awesome (have 2 of these) and have about 13 cycles on 1 of them with no issues.

Can anyone who owns an SMC 11.1v true spec premium battery, tell me if two of these batteries will fit in an Arma Kraton and Talion V3 battery tray? From the specs I see on SMC's website, they claim their battery dimensions are:
Pack Specs
Milliamp-Hour 7200mAh
Voltage 11.1V
C Rate 149 Amps / 90C
Configuration 3S1P Hard Case
Connector Type
Deans Power connector with 10 gauge wires. XH Balance connector.
Dimensions
Length 160mm / 6.30in
Width 46mm / 1.81in
Height 29mm / 1.14n
Weight 475gr /16.75oz

the Arma battery tray is 70mm tall? So from my math, two of these batteries amounts to 74mm.

Running 6s graphene 6000mah in tomahawk Kraton. Very snug fit with outcast battery tray.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back