Anyone using XT150 battery connectors? Help needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CL-Audio

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Hey all, any of you guys using xt150 connectors? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make the connections. Here is how I'm thinking its done:

ESC: Female large red housing, Male skinny black housing
Batteries: Female skinny red housing, Male large black housing
Charger lead: Female large red housing, Male skinny black housing

If that's not it, I'm totally lost.
Thanks.

Hey all, any of you guys using xt150 connectors? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make the connections. Here is how I'm thinking its done:

Thanks.

sounds right...only place I heard anyone using xt150 is aussierc. ..check his vids on youtube...I think he did a vid on the xt150s...

here are some

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UT...zon&source=android-browser&q=aussie+rc+xt+150

Last edited:
To the people out there using XT150 connectors. I am going to switch to these connectors as I need a connector rated for more power and would like to be able to wire in series without any Y adapters and am wondering what website everybody is getting their connectors from. I have read some horror stories about getting cheap knock-off connectors and want to make sure that I am getting good quality XT150 connectors.

most people are likely using tower hobbies...although there are many others. .amain...stormer....

unless it's a super cheap too good to be true bulk buy off of eBay I doubt you would run into anything of questionable quality...

most people are likely using tower hobbies...although there are many others. .amain...stormer....

unless it's a super cheap too good to be true bulk buy off of eBay I doubt you would run into anything of questionable quality...
Tower Hobbies doesn't carry the XT150's from what I saw. That is where I do 90% of my RC shopping.

looks like hobbywing and motion rc carries them...I have ordered from both places ...not xt150...but xt60 and xt90s...and all works fine...

motion rc went through the trouble of specifying that they have genuine xt150s...

do it man...

https://www.motionrc.com/products/xt150-connectors-pair?gclid=CPOfgduFsNACFYQkgQodKTMA7g
I'm guessing that you meant hobbyking and not hobbywing? I just need something so that I can wire my HPI Baja 5B with 4s, 6s and 8s without needing a variety of adapters and these look to be perfect for that as you can do all of the wiring with the battery leads while also handling the high amperage of the Castle 2028 and Mamba XL X.

I'm guessing that you meant hobbyking and not hobbywing? I just need something so that I can wire my HPI Baja 5B with 4s, 6s and 8s without needing a variety of adapters and these look to be perfect for that as you can do all of the wiring with the battery leads while also handling the high amperage of the Castle 2028 and Mamba XL X.

yep..hobbyking....glad you mentioned that...I keep putting off my baja conversion...I need to do it and finish it up..

yep..hobbyking....glad you mentioned that...I keep putting off my baja conversion...I need to do it and finish it up..
The problem I had is that my SS is 4 or 5 years old so I decided to tear it completely apart and clean everything and put in new bearings, which all the stock ones were locked up, and screws so I took a 3 hour conversion and turned it into a month long project. LOL :(

Hobbyking was actually one of the places that I read a lot of people complaining about them not being "authentic" XT150 connectors and that they are really inconsistent in the quality and the connection ease.

I think I am going to try the connectors from Motion RC as well as some wire and heat shrink.

For T plugs, and EC I have heard the same thing. But all the XT plugs I have gotten from them have been very good quality. I run mostly xt60 and xt90 on all my RC is now.

Actually , the EC3's I bought at HK were great too. never bought T plugs from HK.

Hobbyking was actually one of the places that I read a lot of people complaining about them not being "authentic" XT150 connectors and that they are really inconsistent in the quality and the connection ease. I think I am going to try the connectors from Motion RC as well as some wire and heat shrink.

The knock offs are the generic ones on Amazon. I got all of mine from hobbyking and they are legit.
Here is a picture of the connections. Charger, battery, esc left to right.

Attachments

• 20161031_201350.jpg
    20161031_201350.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Thanks.

Im running the amazon bought xt150 plugs and i can say they arent as easy to install the videos on youtube. Found a video yesterday explaining the amazon versions are lower quality so i ordered a few from hobbyking to compare. Will follow up with my findings as soon as i get them here and installed. I did notice a better throttle response with the xt150's on the stock BLX esc.

Im running the amazon bought xt150 plugs and i can say they arent as easy to install the videos on youtube. Found a video yesterday explaining the amazon versions are lower quality so i ordered a few from hobbyking to compare. Will follow up with my findings as soon as i get them here and installed. I did notice a better throttle response with the xt150's on the stock BLX esc.
Awesome. Please do let me know how the hobby king ones are compared to the amazon ones. In going to be waiting until after the first of the year to buy and switch everything from XT90 to XT150.

Awesome. Please do let me know how the hobby king ones are compared to the amazon ones. In going to be waiting until after the first of the year to buy and switch everything from XT90 to XT150.

Yups will do. Im hoping i wont need a hammer and a channel lock plier to install the hobbyking versions like i used with the amazon versions. Haha

Thanks.

The plastic connector with the larger diameter is the + positive and uses the male brass connector. The smaller diameter connector is - negative and uses the female brass connector.

I have the XLX with a Poseidon 1527 I use Castle Creations 6.5 connectors on one and the 150 anti spark connectors for another one of my RC's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back