Kraton Anyone vent their body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
I’m probably going into a rabbit hole that I shouldn’t, but I’m curious.

has anyone cut or drill holes in their body to move more air throughout the cabin? I’m guessing this Would have minimal returns?

I’ve thought about modding the faux air fins on the top of the hood into cowl flaps or air scoops. I think if it’s done right more air would flow over the ESC and motor,,,,,,or maybe it would be so negligible it wouldn’t matter,,,,,I don’t know.
The stone guards I’ve got installed cut down on air flow I think, so that mod may be in my future.

I'm with @KevinC, I've thought about it but don't just want to drill holes...trying to stop being lazy about it though...procrastination is my middle name ;)

I actually want to cut out the grill on the kraton and cover with some nice mesh then put a small 12v ducted fan inside to pull air through the truck..that way I don't have to damage the look too much...

I'm with @KevinC, I've thought about it but don't just want to drill holes...trying to stop being lazy about it though...procrastination is my middle name ;)

I actually want to cut out the grill on the kraton and cover with some nice mesh then put a small 12v ducted fan inside to pull air through the truck..that way I don't have to damage the look too much...
You’re not worried about debris wrecking that thing?

just a preliminary fitting but I figure if I tilt the fan towards the ESC it'll pull air across the ESC and motor. Bonus is this is a 12v ducted fan but moves a TON of air at 6 volts which means I can run it from the receiver and it will be at half power so the motor should last longer ;)

Wonder if there's a way to hook it up to a temp sensor and have it turn on and off automagically...

Anyhow, I'm going to put a metal mesh on the front of the fan so that should keep out the stuff that could harm the fan...probably something on the back too. Still working out how I'm going to attach it ;)

20200817_231007.jpg

20200817_230956.jpg

Nitros have vented bodies....soo why not!
20200118_210118.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back