Anyone with experience with magnetic bearing fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyjr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I found this fan on Amazon, 30 x30 x 15 MM fan wondering if anyone had experience with it. Specifically how it handles rough driving and impacts.

https://www.amazon.com/SUNON-Brushl...3-4342-9c5c-4ab254206383&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mi

The concern i have is that it's a mag-lev type (magnetic levitation bearing) and wondering how it'd handle an RC environment. all other specs seem good, 5 volt,/0.04 amp/0.4w all seem within the ability of the Onboard BEC (no external battery or a T off from the main battery) just need to wire up a servo plug. The reason i'm considering it is #1 it's claimed near silent (around 20db) and it can move a lot of air (4.8 CFM). this will be going on a Arrma Big Rock BLX 100 with an adapter 3d printed by a friend with a file found on these forums.

Once again thank you for any info you might can spare. Even if nobody knows, not against trying it myself

For on-road speed runs, I'd think it'll do alright, maybe.
But, for off-road bashing... it'll probably loose it's ghost fairly quick.

For on-road speed runs, I'd think it'll do alright, maybe.
But, for off-road bashing... it'll probably loose it's ghost fairly quick.
I did stumble on another setup same dimensions with either a ball or sealed bearing, also moves more air as well, might be better then, thanks. till now never knew the Mag-lev type existed, so was curious of if they would work

The first thing that seemed odd was the incredibly low power draw of 0.4W and the item's specs confirm that this would be a rather poor choice for RC vehicles. Irrespective of its durability, with an airflow of 4.8CFM @7000rpm this thing provides little more than a breeze and will do little to nothing to cool a hot motor or ESC.

The first thing that seemed odd was the incredibly low power draw of 0.4W and the item's specs confirm that this would be a rather poor choice for RC vehicles. Irrespective of its durability, with an airflow of 4.8CFM @7000rpm this thing provides little more than a breeze and will do little to nothing to cool a hot motor or ESC.
Right? 4.8cfm @7000rpm is not a lot of air at all. The Rocket 30mm fans spin at 28,000rpms for reference.

Yeah. My NMB server fans spin at 26,500rpm and move 36CFM. Each.
I couldn't seem to find a spec listed for the cfm of the Rocket fans even the Surpass website only shows the rpms. But I am fairly certain it is more than 4.8.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back