Pennsylvania Anything around Pittsburgh?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokaroni

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Just got started and looking for some nice spots to run my Granite BLX. Thanks!

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Bashing
I'm out by Johnstown. We usually hit lots, old mines and parks since they're free.
There is a small track in Windber and one in New Berlin I've heard was good. I haven't been to either yet.
There are a few more, probably some closer to you. I tried looking some up but I don't know which ones are near you, it's late, and I'm well medicated.

Let me know what you find. The family isn't against travel for a good bash.
You're everywhere! Lol. I'm also looking for places to bash. Since I'm back after a number of years, idk where they are any more. I'm not really looking for tracks as much as I'm looking for bash spots. Like dirt pits, bmx tracks etc. I would love to go to some tracks but parts are already expensive enough and I like to bash more than anything else. I don't have any spots yet.

You know where Cooney's is at in Cresson? Some of the offroad spots are cleared out enough for RC, and when they're not we run by the windmills out that way.

The old No.4 Logan mine is across the street from me about a 100 some odd yards away, but that spot is hit or miss.

You know where Cooney's is at in Cresson? Some of the offroad spots are cleared out enough for RC, and when they're not we run by the windmills out that way.

The old No.4 Logan mine is across the street from me about a 100 some odd yards away, but that spot is hit or miss.
You're about an hour or so I think. About an hour and fifteen. I'm not too familiar with the area up there but I remember there is an arrma dealer and they have a track too. A hobby shop in Johnstown. I don't know where your spot is but maybe I'll have to get familiar with it since you're up that way and know some spots. I don't have any here yet. I do know a bmx dirt jump park I used to bash at years ago but it's a little ways from where I am now too. Probably just going to have to drive more to get to spots.

The shop in Johnstown isn't there anymore I don't think. I never went, it was before I got into the hobby. The shop in Altoona, Shaffer's Full Steam Ahead, sells Arrma as well as other brands. The site is ok, but you really need to go in. Check them out if you're ever out that way.

http://shaffer-full-steam-ahead-hobby-shop.shoplightspeed.com/rc-cars/arrma/
I will for sure eventually. I'm going to try to check out that spot you mentioned someday here soon. The internet says that store is open though. It says their hours and everything. I wrote their info down and I don't have it in front of me and I don't remember what that ones called. I wrote down every hobby shop in a 50 mile radius that sells Arrma when I bought my Kraton and called a few of them so I don't know it really. Maybe it isn't though... not sure.

There is a guy on tube his channel is STEEL CITY RC. Check out his vids. He finds places to run all over the city including south hills. He answers all comments so he could help in that area.

If ya ever want to travel about 5 min northeast of downtown, hmu. We run on Saturdays mostly:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back