Anything Simple like TSM Stability controll rc cars. Not TRX please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoonigan

Reaction score
This is a Must almost today.

Here you can see the difference

i have thisTSM in one of my Cars.
The problem is that i want something like this to my other cars also.
Like Arrma cars.
I don't like the TRX Radio at al, it looks crap and feels like poop in hands.

Spectrum got something they call for ACV or something like that. ?? don't remember the name now .
This Spectrum Gyro thing is more for the guys who likes read Manuals alot also ??
There is so many adjustments you must made ?

Anyone test both TSM and Spectrums Gyro , they call this ACV or what?
What would you Recommend to a Serious Basher Guy?

Offcourse i Believe the Spectrums is better, you can also adjust this for avoid alot wheelies if you need or want i believe also =?
Spectrum you can fine tune both Steering and also the Motor Power ?????

How bad is Spectrums Gyro set up?
Do i need read Alot in Manuals ?
Maybe this is much better than TRX TSM?
Anyway wort reading and learn this Spectrum Gyro Thing?
Do i need special servos? can i handle this Spectrum With any servos?

TSM i never need read manual.
You see it is so simple adjust even kids make it.
I like to have it between 15-30% many times !

Anyway i cant hold TRX controller long time in my hands without feel little sad almost.
It works very nice, just that it feels like TOY, not RC

Sorry for alot Questions.
Take time to answer.
No panic here

Last edited:
I didn't mention Radiolink on purpose, as it's a bit simpler than the rest (steering channel only, forward only aka no correction on braking etc).

I'm with the "learn to drive guys" unfortunately. I had a rustler with tsm and it was a massive crutch. There's no reason whatsoever to slam on the throttle like in that sample video and the same effect as TSM can be achieved with simple throttle discipline, i.e. learning how to drive properly.
Side note, it also puts a butt-ton of extra stress on your gearbox/driveshafts, etc that doesn't need to happen either when you drive like that.

Your money is better spent on a higher quality radio that has better throttle and better steering functions than buying something that will not make you improve whatsoever in your ability. Even little kids eventually take the training wheels off their bikes and learn to ride properly.

you're better off learning to drive properly...

Yes this.

Not got a problem with it, it would be interesting to try if you have the Dx5pro and can play with the various gains on pots on the fly, I imagine it probably becomes a bit of a crutch and removes some skill from the equation if you don't move on from 'drivebywire. ish' control to full 'manual'.

Last edited:
Thank you guys again.

I will buy that Radio Link to my Son. He is 10years
extra receiver was about 14 bucks to this.
He have two Cars now.
one of My old Slash 4x4 and one old 1/10 bl buggy

i will self try just for fun that Y-R GC301 i found this for 18bucks at RCMART.

AVC , is this awaible to this radio=
Spektrum DX5 Pro 5-Channel DSMR Transmitter Only
or
Spektrum DX5 Rugged

i have found now also
Spektrum DX5C DSMR AVC 5CH TX w/SRS6000

AVC you must have SRS6000 receiver always?

This AVC works then also with Pro and Rugged maybe?

Thank you guys again.

I will buy that Radio Link to my Son. He is 10years
extra receiver was about 14 bucks to this.
He have two Cars now.
one of My old Slash 4x4 and one old 1/10 bl buggy

i will self try just for fun that Y-R GC301 i found this for 18bucks at RCMART.

AVC , is this awaible to this radio=
Spektrum DX5 Pro 5-Channel DSMR Transmitter Only
or
Spektrum DX5 Rugged

i have found now also
Spektrum DX5C DSMR AVC 5CH TX w/SRS6000

AVC you must have SRS6000 receiver always?

This AVC works then also with Pro and Rugged maybe?
Yes you have to use the SRS6000 rx to get AVC.

I think most of the Spektrum radios from the DX2E up use AVC.

Yes you have to use the SRS6000 rx to get AVC.

I think most of the Spektrum radios from the DX2E up use AVC.

Yes, the dx5pro just has a more advanced AVC menu and versatility. It allows seperate throttle and steering gains to be assigned to seperate aux pots.

The other lesser models make do with a combined gain for both steering and throttle iirc.

See pages 13 and 14 of the DX5Pro manual.-

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAFegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1z9G7THdh0b9Ff8ZSvE8UV

Yes, the dx5pro just has a more advanced AVC menu and versatility. It allows seperate throttle and steering gains to be assigned to seperate aux pots.

The other lesser models make do with a combined gain for both steering and throttle iirc.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAFegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1z9G7THdh0b9Ff8ZSvE8UV

Hello Ari33
Thank You very much.
You was the first talk about this to me.
Spectrum AVC in your threat about Innovative RC Cars in future from Arrma !

i want DX5Pro now.

Spektrum SRS6000 DSMR AVC Surface Receiver Rx
have you guys see the price?
Goddamn , they want 60bucks for ONE receiver only.

I need this to 5 cars.

Buy Pro DX5 and 5 SRS6000 Receivers is NOT CHEAP. :mad:

Well Well , if you want good things, you need pay up good. Sad but true.

i Have also new plans.
Been thinking couple days now.
I need sell away many of my RC Cars.
I cant have it like i have now.

Better have 5-7 RC Cars only. Give them ALL THE BEST, all time they need also.
Best Service, parts, everything.

Need sell away like 50 old RC CARS.
It hurts in the Beginning, i will loose alot money also.
Anyway, in the end i be happy guy.
Much more easy have less than 10cars, total controll. And love to them.

50+ RC cars is to much handle, its sick only

Thank you ARI alot for help (y)

buy this, kevin no tax tabolt on YT has a good video on it if you want speed/range/gyro for cheap.
https://www.banggood.com/Surpass-Ho...s=detail-left-hotproducts__2&cur_warehouse=CN

K. Talbot the Lambo Man ? hahaha.

That Radio look like crap LOL
anyway good for shure to them who like very very cheap and try for fun this

you're better off learning to drive properly...

Im not the best RC driver :)

I have drive these fast RC Cars 30years now.
Still not Pro.

Bash?
I will show what i do with Talion 6S and couple others cars.
Youtube this.

i have met couple rc drivers from clubs before.
I was actually alot better than them.

Can i drive RC Car ?
YES

Not pro.
Decent

I get better the more i drive BL cars today.

Nitro i handle like PRO before

;) I DID better than one Champion also couple times LOL

Before my RC driving skills was about 100% perfect
Today only 60% i think
I have not drive anything almost after 2years break

Once you bicyckle or fish.
After couple years you still got this,
Not perfect right away.
If i stay to RC Driving now atleast 1 year.
Then im dangerous :)

Nitro was very easy drive like pro alone because of the engine sound.
You see car, you hear all also.

Now Brushless, all is about feeling.

When there is many Nitro Cars you must learn alot what sound your car makes.
This is not easy if there is regulation.
I always run tuned pipes so i can hear my extra good.

bRushless is feeling only
this is harder

Last edited:

The DX5C has separate controls for throttle, steering and priority over user inputs. All digitally adjustable from 0 to 100 percent.

The DX5C has separate controls for throttle, steering and priority over user inputs. All digitally adjustable from 0 to 100 percent.

Thanks... Cool, I didnt know that. The Pro is meant to offer more avc options than the dx5C. Wonder what they are then...

Thanks... Cool, I didnt know that. The Pro is meant to offer more avc options than the dx5C. Wonder what they are then...
AVC Smart Drive Modes.
  • Trainer - Trainer mode is for beginner drivers and considered the most stable and docile of the four modes available. Throttle and steering rates have been lowered allowing beginner to relax and learn the basics of RC control. Anti-Lock Braking (ABS) is engaged for outstanding control of power and speed. This mode makes even powerhouse vehicles easy to control.
  • Slick - Slick mode is specifically tuned for superior drivability when conditions are considered “slick” such as when driving on loose dirt, gravel or for when conditions are wet. Stability and traction control is turned way up so that you stay in control with ease.
  • Stability - Stability mode adds AVC® technology into the mix. With it, your powerhouse vehicle will exhibit incredible traction control with no limits on throttle control. In stability mode, you can punch the throttle hard and easily stay straight on course.
  • Full Rip - Just how it sounds, Full Rip mode lets you enjoy full limits of steering and throttle control. AVC assistance is completely turned off. This drive mode is recommended for experienced users familiar with uninhibited steering and what full-power brings to the experience.
Besides that the Pro has many more features than the DX5C does.

Please let’s not forget how basic this system is!

It has no wheel position sensors nor can it control braking of each wheel or diff control!

It will rely on a gyro and at best monitor the motor speed/load which even isn’t sensored so won’t be as precise as it could be.

Not saying it doesn’t have it’s place but it’s not as advance as the above description would lead us to believe.

If driving aids are needed I’d run something like a Futaba Gyro with AVCS and then set up torque limiting or throttle band via the transmitter or ESC.

K. Talbot the Lambo Man ? hahaha.

That Radio look like crap LOL
anyway good for shure to them who like very very cheap and try for fun this

it may not look the best but for the price vs performance, you get alot of bang for the buck. and yes that "lambo man"
Spektrum has to be one of the worst radio brands available even thier race stuff is pretty crap, very high latency that gets higher the futher you go... which isnt far because output power for its range is shockingly low.
when i got our new arrma models with the spektrum i literly binned them to the shelf straight after first minute.
Traxxas and spektrum are taking everyone for a ride over the AVC/TSM systems, they are only gyros.

Gyros take alot of the fun out of driving high powerd cars, sure its good when giving someone else a go.

also 30 years and you cant slowly pull the trigger yet? if your having issues, buy the frysky noble nb4 and turn throttle speed all the way down it'll basically work like TC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back