Notorious Anything wrong with this parts list?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bean

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I'll primarely bash at skateparks/dirt BMX tracks with this thing.

What I buy immediately:
$550 Notorious 6s
$20 EXB servo mount
$30 EXB chassis braces (F+R) (or M2C for $50)
$80 EXB shock towers (F+R) (or M2C for $100)
$75 Turnigy FS-GT5 (any better/cheaper transmitter?)

And if anything breaks:
$130 M2C Goliath chassis (Outcast)
$10 RPM Rod ends
$80 Savöx 1210 SG servo (32kg) (does it fit in the EXB servo mount?)(or a cheaper JX-servo)

What parts must be upgraded to EXB/M2C parts immediately? And what parts can I leave stock (untill they break)?

And what should I go for? EXB or M2C? I've heared M2C parts are stronger, but more expensive. What parts should I spend the extra $ for? And what parts should I just get the EXB parts?

And where do you get your M2C chassis from? I don't live in the USA yet, so I don't know where to get stuff. What are good places to get stuff?
- HobbyKing
- AMain
- What else?

What I buy immediately:
$550 Notorious 6s
$20 EXB servo mount

And if anything breaks:
$10 RPM Rod ends
$80 Savöx 1210 SG servo (32kg) (does it fit in the EXB servo mount?)(or a cheaper JX-servo)

What parts must be upgraded to EXB/M2C parts immediately? And what parts can I leave stock (untill they break)?

And what should I go for? EXB or M2C? I've heared M2C parts are stronger, but more expensive. What parts should I spend the extra $ for? And what parts should I just get the EXB parts?

And where do you get your M2C chassis from? I don't live in the USA yet, so I don't know where to get stuff. What are good places to get stuff?
- HobbyKing
- AMain
- What else?
Out of the box, maybe just opt for the EXB servo mount and new radio system. Spektrum makes fine radios (DSMR standard; D-series), as does Futaba. My personal radio is a Flysky Noble NB4. The braces aren't needed out of the box, and neither are the towers (in my humble opinion).

Any servo will brown out if used outside of its recommended operating parameters (i.e. debris, water, etc.), so I personally don't see the need to go for a Savox on a basher. Great product, but expensive to break!

M2C parts are indubitably stronger (thicker material, most often) and come with the premium price tag. The chassis is a no-brainer for when the stock one bends. I have seen a pair of bent M2C towers (some of the hardest bashing I've seen), so maybe the EXBs will be fine for you.

Just my input, others may have differentiating opinions. When it comes down to it, just do what ever makes you happy.

I'd just go with the Notorious two RPM Outcast/Kraton front bumper/skid plate combos. Put one on the front (sits in front of the stock bumper) and one in the back. Dumbo RC x6A radio - great radio for $35. Grab an extra receiver for any other trucks you want to use it with.

The EXB servo mount is worth the $ I think. I put a cheap KS-3518 in mine and it works great.

If getting towers and braces I’d go with M2C ... much stronger and not that much more.

lots of folks have sheared off the screws in the exb braces. And the towers will bend much easier than m2c. Not to mention, if you go with exb towers then you need exb arm, shock pins and chassis to get everything to work properly.

Ok as you say live in the usa yet. Are you planning on doing this after you are here or before?

What I buy immediately:
$550 Notorious 6s
$20 EXB servo mount

And if anything breaks:
$10 RPM Rod ends

- HobbyKing
- AMain
- What else?
Are the shock towers really necessary?

I'm (probably) moving to the USA, and will buy everything there, as it would save me more than $150, so imo, it's worth the wait.

So: M2C instead of EXB, cheaper servo (how many kg? 25-35?)

Also, about that DumboRC radio: I've heared about it, and it sounds great. But I don't want to buy stuff from those Chinese webshops. They take long to ship, and sometimes stuff arives broken etc.
Any other place where you could buy it?
If not: what radio (< $80) would you guys advice? I don't need the fastest thing, or the thing with the most options etc., but it would be nice to have something of good/great quality with good preformance.
Also, somebody recommeded Spektrum radio's. They seem great, but isn't the cheapest >$150? (with reciever included).

I've heared that the EXB chassis braces should be good enough. Why go for the M2C ones?
Are the shock towers really necessary?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking. I thought that the stock chassis, shock towers and chassis braces all needed to be replaced to have something durable.

Thought I'd go for the Savöx because when I was reading about what poeple put in EXB's, everybody seemd to say this one was the best. But the name of the truck 'EXB' already says what those poeple are: Extreme Bashers.

Last edited:
I'm (probably) moving to the USA, and will buy everything there, as it would save me more than $150, so imo, it's worth the wait.

So: M2C instead of EXB, cheaper servo (how many kg? 25-35?)

Also, about that DumboRC radio: I've heared about it, and it sounds great. But I don't want to buy stuff from those Chinese webshops. They take long to ship, and sometimes stuff arives broken etc.
Any other place where you could buy it?
If not: what radio (< $80) would you guys advice? I don't need the fastest thing, or the thing with the most options etc., but it would be nice to have something of good/great quality with good preformance.
Also, somebody recommeded Spektrum radio's. They seem great, but isn't the cheapest >$150? (with reciever included).

I've heared that the EXB chassis braces should be good enough. Why go for the M2C ones?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking. I thought that the stock chassis, shock towers and chassis braces all needed to be replaced to have something durable.

Thought I'd go for the Savöx because when I was reading about what poeple put in EXB's, everybody seemd to say this one was the best. But the name of the truck 'EXB' already says what those poeple are: Extreme Bashers.
Dumbo rc radio is on Amazon should arrive within a week.

Ah, tnx. What else do you guys think is best for a stunt truck?

What is absolutely nescesary? This?
- New radio (DumboRC)?
- EXB servo mount?
- Chassis braces (do I absolutely need M2C or should EXB be enough?)
And what should be an upgrade for later? This?
- M2C chassis?
- M2C shock towers?
- Budget servo?

Well by time you get here there might be an exb
I hope it comes out before february.

Ah, tnx. What else do you guys think is best for a stunt truck?

What is absolutely nescesary? This?
- New radio (DumboRC)?
- EXB servo mount?
- Chassis braces (do I absolutely need M2C or should EXB be enough?)
And what should be an upgrade for later? This?
- M2C chassis?
- M2C shock towers?
- Budget servo?

I hope it comes out before february.
If there is one I would expect it to be.

I expect the whole 6s line will get 'EXB'ed'. But why would the Mohave come before the Outcast/Notorious?

About that radio:
DumboRC = $35
FlySky/Turnigy = $75

Would It be worth the extra $40?

I expect the whole 6s line will get 'EXB'ed'. But why would the Mohave come before the Outcast/Notorious?

About that radio:
DumboRC = $35
FlySky/Turnigy = $75

Different diffs? Working bugs out?

What I buy immediately:
$550 Notorious 6s
$20 EXB servo mount

And if anything breaks:
$10 RPM Rod ends

- HobbyKing
- AMain
- What else?
Get M2C from @Badtouch The basher in the UK. Don’t waste money on most of the EXB parts, like a chassis, braces, or towers. You want to spend the few bucks more and get M2C. But the servo mount is fine.

What should be ‘M2C’ed’ immediately, and what should be mept as an upgrade for pater?

If you are not gonna be in the USA till Feb. the V4 Nito may have dropped by then. If so, that will mark the radio off your list too. (unless you just want to buy a nice radio)

Servo mount - nice bilng, but longer screw will make the stock mount fine.

Chassis braces - yes. For the brace, M2C will not bet 'better' than EXB or HR or any of the others.

Shock towers - probably yes for these, as skate parks are rough on the towers. M2c or Voltage for the towers.

If you upgrade the towers, then crashes that should have bended the stock towers will now (maybe) break your diff case, so you may look at the HR diff cases.
About that radio:
DumboRC = $35
FlySky/Turnigy = $75

I have the Dumbo and the RC4G (older version). The Dumbo is pretty nice for a $35 radio. If you think you will only have one RC for a while, then the Dumbo will be fine.

If you plan on having several RC's and want to take several RC's bashing, and use the same radio, it is nice to have a computer radio with model memory. Model memory is also nice for Dad's because you can copy a profile and then set the Throttle DR to 30%-50% and have a quick kid-mode.

I will have 2 RC's by than (Slash + Notorious) which I will 'share' , so I won't need 1 transmitter for multiple RC's.

If you plan on having several RC's and want to take several RC's bashing, and use the same radio, it is nice to have a computer radio with model memory. Model memory is also nice for Dad's because you can copy a profile and then set the Throttle DR to 30%-50% and have a quick kid-mode.
In my case, it will probably be the other way around: I (kid) would probably need to set the throttle down for my dad ?

And I'll see if the stock diff case will hold up.

Mojave because it has been very popular. Makes sense to go in order of sales - Kraton and then Mojave.

The DumboRC is fast, has insane range, 6 channels, and it's cheap. I got mine from Banggood.com and although it can take 2-3 weeks to arrive I have yet to have anything go missing, arrive damaged, or be other than it was advertised to be. Not so with AliExpress.

I recommend the X6A - same as the X6 but with a rubberized grippy finish that feels better and higher quality.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back