Typhon Apex RC tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asphaltlou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Voltage
I was wondering if anyone has ever used Apex RC buggy tires on their Typhon. I probably should have asked before I purchased these, but Im just curious. Thanks.

Apex 1/8 buggy wheels are generics they just slap their name on. I've never had a problem with the tires, but the rims & foams are garbage. I usually buy Ofna rims & foams to use with the tires.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Big-Block-Blue-Spike-Pre-Mounted-1-8-Buggy-Tires-Glued-17mm-hex/311809710060?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

These wheels are amazing, near Proline quality given they are Badlands clones. The tires & rims are top notch for being so cheap, with the rims being seriously durable, but again the foams are garbage. Ofna orange foams wake these tires up tremendously. I have tried most of the 1/8 buggy wheels this seller has & only had to replace the foams. Don't be taken back by that "1 to 3 cells lipo" stuff either. I run these on 4S & 6S with my Typhon several packs at a time with no issues.

Apex 1/8 buggy wheels are generics they just slap their name on. I've never had a problem with the tires, but the rims & foams are garbage. I usually buy Ofna rims & foams to use with the tires.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Big-Block-Blue-Spike-Pre-Mounted-1-8-Buggy-Tires-Glued-17mm-hex/311809710060?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

These wheels are amazing, near Proline quality given they are Badlands clones. The tires & rims are top notch for being so cheap, with the rims being seriously durable, but again the foams are garbage. Ofna orange foams wake these tires up tremendously. I have tried most of the 1/8 buggy wheels this seller has & only had to replace the foams. Don't be taken back by that "1 to 3 cells lipo" stuff either. I run these on 4S & 6S with my Typhon several packs at a time with no issues.

Several years ago, I bought a set of SCT big block tires from that seller. Still have them on my Torment. They have been great everywhere except the track. The rubber is just a bit too hard for my local track. Lots of people run Badlands there. Maybe it is a foam issue, though. They are really soft (foams, not the tires)

Have you tried the slicks he has? Looking for something that i can drift around my street with mostly. My Typhon is running 2.8 Trenchers currently. I went truggy when I blew through the junk stock tires in not very many packs.. These are the ones I specifically saw..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-On-road-Slick-BSK-Buggy-Tires-Glued-/202189850230#rwid

Have you tried the slicks he has? Looking for something that i can drift around my street with mostly. My Typhon is running 2.8 Trenchers currently. I went truggy when I blew through the junk stock tires in not very many packs.. These are the ones I specifically saw..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-On-road-Slick-BSK-Buggy-Tires-Glued-/202189850230#rwid

I have 2 sets of them. The rubber is so thick that they barely ballon. I didn't bother to change the foams in them as they really don't need foams anyway. They are pretty good for drifting with the Senton & Typhon.but they gain traction as they heat up.so try to keep them wet.

I was wondering if anyone has ever used Apex RC buggy tires on their Typhon. I probably should have asked before I purchased these, but Im just curious. Thanks.

Well I was right I should've asked before I ordered them. Geez I am rookie at this, but even I can tell these rims are kinda weak. The tires seem to have more structure than the rim does. And I bought 3 sets :(. Thanks for the info peeps. I guess I will just run them till I ware them out!

Hey just checking was thinking of getting these tires but the company recommends not to run anything higher than 3S how do they hold up on 6S just bashing around spinning and sliding some jumping not much mostly grass runs

I bought 1/8 GRP's for my typhon. The front wheels fit, but the rears seem to rub just a bit on the steering block.

Hey just checking was thinking of getting these tires but the company recommends not to run anything higher than 3S how do they hold up on 6S just bashing around spinning and sliding some jumping not much mostly grass runs
The tires hold up well on 6S. They are ribbed on the inside so they don't balloon that much. But I do vent my tires which help against excessive stress. The foams are junk though & will end up falling to pieces so I replace them with closed-cell foams.

my Typhon has blown out these tires running on grass and gravel. My advise is to double check to make they are glued all the way around. I've had the foam blow out on 3 of four of them and I think the forth was on it's way out. I've tried saving tires and wheels and buying foams. But using the baking method these wheels have distorted pretty bad. I've thought about buying another pair and double check the glue.

my Typhon has blown out these tires running on grass and gravel. My advise is to double check to make they are glued all the way around. I've had the foam blow out on 3 of four of them and I think the forth was on it's way out. I've tried saving tires and wheels and buying foams. But using the baking method these wheels have distorted pretty bad. I've thought about buying another pair and double check the glue.

I never bake to unglue, boiling is the safest way. I only use a heat gun when I don't have the time to boil. I have 4 sets of these tires & I didn't run any of them with the included foams. I still have 2 sets sitting around in the package with a 2 sets of ofna closed-cell orange foams.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back