AR310772: Where does this part go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
I know it’s a diff component, but where does it go? Is it for the “upcoming” CNC diff gears (AR310885 and AR310886)?

3CBC8B58-F262-4207-B762-FE17E32EC90E.jpeg

It’s the diff case assembly and the gears go inside or is there something else you’re looking for more specifically?

So the ring gear is sandwiched between the cup and the backplate, right?

Not sure what is meant by ring gear but your spider and planetary gear go in that cup and are sealed by that plate on an arms. Most have teeth around that plate so I’m not sure what vehicle it is from but not Arrma that I know of

this part is plastic with Steel gears in it for a 3 and 4s system they already come equipped with steel gears in them the mega series come with plastic gears
Sadly the 3S/4S BLX cars have the same plastic ring & pinion gears. All cars have the steel internal planetary gears. Like @bicketybam said, this diff cup is for the steel ring & pinion upgrade Arrma has been pushing back for the past year. But seeing the cup available is a great sign for the ring & pinion to come.

Sadly the 3S/4S BLX cars have the same plastic ring & pinion gears. All cars have the steel internal planetary gears. Like @bicketybam said, this diff cup is for the steel ring & pinion upgrade Arrma has been pushing back for the past year. But seeing the cup available is a great sign for the ring & pinion to come.
that's awesome I'd Def get that as I'm planning on running 4s. so I'll probably need steel ring and pinion. hopefully it comes with a steel input gear

Another year has come and gone. Where’s the metal diff gears? ??‍♂️ I just ordered two of these cups on eBay with the hopes my HR gears actually ship from HK.

Another year has come and gone. Where’s the metal diff gears? ??‍♂️ I just ordered two of these cups on eBay with the hopes my HR gears actually ship from HK.

Welcome to the club. I’d had these parts sitting in my parts bin for nearly a year now. I lost hope waiting for Arrma to release their metal units and got the HR assemblies.

FYI: The HR gears will not fit those Arrma diff cups. The ATF9337 gears can only be installed in the ATF11A01 cups.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. I’d had these parts sitting in my parts bin for nearly a year now. I lost hope waiting for Arrma to release their metal units and got the HR assemblies.

FYI: The HR gears will not fit those Arrma diff cups. The ATF9337 gears can only be installed in the ATF11A01 cups.
The only reason I bought them was because HR said they were compatible ??‍♂️??‍♂️

E5C3E866-9871-43C7-9099-D6DA13F7B37C.png

I just bought the diff case cover arac4023 or AR310772. It fits great with the Hot-Racing spiral cut diff ring. I don’t know why MrTitanium said that, but they fit great together. The HR diff ring came with 2 longer roll pins (these replace the 2 that will used with the two metal sleeves) 2 O-rings (One is a spare) and the two metal sleeves (These keep 2 gears low enough for only the output at the bottom of the diff case). I didn’t use the 4 screws I used the longer ones that came with the plastic cover ar310772. It’s important that you drop the gears into the plastic diff case to get all the pins into placement when you have all the gears in all the pins should be the same height about 4mm above the diff case. But good news THEY WORK!!! (More to come, I’ll be testing this on 4s and I will report my findings.)

The only reason I bought them was because HR said they were compatible ??‍♂️??‍♂️

View attachment 85162
Wait those plastic cups fit the hot racing diffs :0
Maybe not. HR says they do, but I’ve been told they don’t actually fit by @MrTitanium

image.jpg

7F7EC245-4F38-44B9-B010-563E804A4200.jpeg

Last edited:
Time will tell, if it really works on 4s I’ll confirm my findings. If it doesn’t, I’ll delete my post and give you’ll a breakdown of the issues.

Thanks. I would expect nothing less from a fellow Chevy-lover ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back