ARA330561 - Kraton 8S - Arrma forgot to thread the front upper arms! Defective replacement parts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomos319

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
I have seen at least one other post about the front A-arms on the Kraton 8s with same issue. I went to replace one of the front upper A-arms and found the replacement part to be unthreaded on the inside. This makes it impossible to screw the pivot screw into the upper arm unless you are willing to try your luck tapping your own threads! I am guessing that they are not intending for people to have to do that. I have contacted Horizon but as I wait on a response, I am wondering if anyone has gotten replacement upper arms that were threaded? Or they all defective?

Picture attached. Old, threaded arm is on the left; new arm missing threading is on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_20200104_204704891(1).jpg
    IMG_20200104_204704891(1).jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 91
We are talking about plastic right? Is it that hard to drive the pillow ball into plastic? You could always tap it enough to get it started and then muscle the rest in.

We are talking about plastic right? Is it that hard to drive the pillow ball into plastic? You could always tap it enough to get it started and then muscle the rest in.

I tried and tried, I cannot get it to go. I can get it started and then it just pops out.

But that is not the point. Is the part meant to be like this? I doubt it and think there is a defective batch floating around out there. I want to know if anyone has gotten arms that are in fact threaded.

Eh, I bought a tap and took care of it that way. Seems odd to have them unthreaded - the average beginner hobbyist would likely be discouraged from trying the repair on their own. Aren't the 6s arms threaded?

Eh, I bought a tap and took care of it that way. Seems odd to have them unthreaded - the average beginner hobbyist would likely be discouraged from trying the repair on their own. Aren't the 6s arms threaded?
No they aren’t.

Tapping those removes material. Best to carefully thread them in by hand in the untapped hole for a snug fit. There's around 30 threads complaining of pillow balls coming loose on the 6s models. I'm sure there will be plenty to come on 8s. One nice thing is the aluminum collar. Keeps them from expanding and cracking.

This truck is not made for the average beginner hobbyist.
Oddly same problem in the x-maxx community. A lot of people bought them as their first rc car.

This truck is not made for the average beginner hobbyist.
Oddly same problem in the x-maxx community. A lot of people bought them as their first rc car.
I was just talking to a friend today about the Kraton. He's always been a gasser. But seeing me rip around in that Kraton has him aching to get one. He was thinking about the X-Maxx but was completely turned off by all the problems I was having. He has a very slow stock 5t with a worn out drivetrain that would probably cost as much as the Kraton to rebuild & convert over to electric. It would still be his 1st electric car. I wouldn't even think of giving him any advice about if he didn't have that ancient truck.

If you do use a tap, only cut enough threads to start threading the pivot ball, then let the threads on the ball cut the rest of the threads in the plastic.

I am almost positive none of the plastic parts come pre threaded.

I tried and tried, I cannot get it to go. I can get it started and then it just pops out.

But that is not the point. Is the part meant to be like this? I doubt it and think there is a defective batch floating around out there. I want to know if anyone has gotten arms that are in fact threaded.
You have to put a not of pressure i recently remplaced a few rod ends on my kraton 4s and omg i had to put a crap ton of pressure to start threading on

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back