Kraton ARA729000 C-Clips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
https://www.horizonhobby.com/c-clip--15mm-(4)-p-ara729000

Arrma Kraton 8S owners might want to keep a few packs of these in their spares bin. Every time you remove one it opens up a bit more and eventually they lose their functionality. You don't want one coming off while running because it holds the input gear bearing in place. Without it, the bearing can back out and cause all sorts of problems. These are cheap enough where I would just use a new one every time ???

https://www.horizonhobby.com/c-clip--15mm-(4)-p-ara729000

Arrma Kraton 8S owners might want to keep a few packs of these in their spares bin. Every time you remove one it opens up a bit more and eventually they lose their functionality. You don't want one coming off while running because it holds the input gear bearing in place. Without it, the bearing can back out and cause all sorts of problems. These are cheap enough where I would just use a new one every time ???
??? bookmarked

What's the secret for reinstalling these clips? If you use the tool, they become too spread out and they will fall off. If you push them in same thing. I ended up sitting the clip on the back of the input gear and while catching one side and sort of spread it and pushed the other side on. It's still looser than stock though.

What's the secret for reinstalling these clips? If you use the tool, they become too spread out and they will fall off. If you push them in same thing. I ended up sitting the clip on the back of the input gear and while catching one side and sort of spread it and pushed the other side on. It's still looser than stock though.
Using tools or fingers bam? I’m struggling getting this bloody thing back in

Maybe some reverse c-clip pliers to crank it the other way once it’s installed and seated? I’m wondering the same thing as I just picked up an outcast 8s and the thing had a loose c-clip right after the 1st run.

Using tools or fingers bam? I’m struggling getting this bloody thing back in
Use your fingers. The tool will spread the clip out too much. Loop one half on and then snap the other side down. That works for me. Don't use the tool to re-install.

I found the Arrma clips to be pretty ? quality, they stretch far too easily..!!
I just got a mix of some stainless steel ones and some raw ones from my local bolt and screw supplier..?? (more of them and cheaper too ?)
The stainless ones are much stiffer, see in the pic how closed they are..

IMG_8062 copy.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back