Kraton Are castle electronics really an upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kraton Danny

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Why do people think putting in a mamba monster esc and castle brushless motor in your kraton is a upgrade the kraton is just plain faster and more powerful period I have a e revo with arrma blx speed control arrma motor and it blows my stock e revo away

@kraton Danny I think one of the most common responses you'll see about this type of question is reliability. Castle ESC and brushless motors are simply top notch and are proven to take a beating. They also have a wide range of features and are easily programmable.

The Arrma electronics are just fine for beginners, however it's not un-common to see users having to use the 2 year warranty to replace their fried ESC - sometimes multiple times.

My suggestion would be, if the Arrma gear is working fine for you and makes you happy then save the money for other upgrades or even another Arrma RC. ;)

I don't agree with that at all I've had more problems with the castle mamba monster esc I've had to send two of them back and I beat my kraton way more than my revo so I guess it's a matter of preference because im definitely not into savings my self money when it comes to my cars you realize most of the motors from China are all produced by the same company just packaged different

And that's perfectly fine. Everyone is welcomed to their own opinion and each users experience can vary widely.

Again if the Arrma electronics are keeping you happy then I'd keep using them. ;)

Oh thank you im glad it's ok with you

I avoided buying a new combo for a while. And after my third esc recently, that the thermal shutdown failed on and it burst into flames taking all the rest of the electronics with it, I decided to get a new combo instead of waiting on replacements.

And I notice a huge difference with the mamba monster 2200kv system compared to stock. The initial punch off the trigger is insane and the biggest noticeable difference. Arrmas esc's have a noticeable lag between pulling the trigger and the car moving.
Easiest way to explain...
I was running a 20t pinion on the stock esc on 4s and still could only pull a wheelie with my trenchers and the suspension adjusted. With the castle system a wheelie is just a trigger pull away using a 15t pinion on 4s no matter if it's stock tires, road rages or my trenchers.

I don't agree with that at all I've had more problems with the castle mamba monster esc I've had to send two of them back and I beat my kraton way more than my revo so I guess it's a matter of preference because im definitely not into savings my self money when it comes to my cars you realize most of the motors from China are all produced by the same company just packaged different

I fried my esc first pack with 6s getting close to a year ago with stock electronics from arrma. Did not bother with the warranty because I didn't think that they would replace any or part of it. Now days they might have fixed the issue, I don't know.

I will say that a castle creations upgrade is an upgrade, you can link your esc to software and program it to exactly what your driving needs are.

Just my 2 cents

Editions am running the mm2

No, it's not fixed. It doesn't seem to fail as often or go up in flames like they used to(I'm kind of an exception to that rule..Lol). But there's plenty of people in one of the fb groups who have had problems. I've had mine since May and I've been through 3 escs, 2 servos and 1 receiver.

If your still within warranty I would file a warranty claim. They are good about replacing just about everything. They are about to replace all my electronics and all plastics that were burnt up in the fire. Plus they are replaceing the new clear body I just painted up. They won't replace any third party parts though.

Do the ESCs mainly burn up on 6S, or does it happen on 4S as well? Is there a correlation between C-rating and the smoke getting out? Do the Typhons experience the same failure rate as the Kratons/Talions? I'm just curious as to why they fail as much as they do.

The Arrma Typhons don't seem to fail as much as the others at all. And it is usually more of an issue on 6s. Also, to me at least, after I replaced the stock dean's connectors I didn't have the same problems. It wasn't until I was bashing with a 21t pinion and not paying attention to the heat did my final one blow. Before that I was successfully bashing for a couple weeks with a 20t pinion.

Also just to put into perspective how hard I was pushing mine, if you YouTube for speedruns on 4s most people hit ~45mph with a 20t pinion. I was hitting 55mph on mine and bashing with it regularly on that setup before upping to the 21t and blowing it up.

Perhaps it mostly affects the Kratons and Talions due to them being bigger, heavier trucks and in the Kratons case, bigger wheels with more rotating mass and greater contact surface area on the tires. I would think that the Senton would probably not be as hard on the ESC like the Typhons then.

I think weight is probably a factor. I was also running 40 series trenchers every time mine blew

I think there are a variety of factors, connectors, a weak BEC, weight, batteries.

Personally, I bought mine as a roller and added the electronics I want and trust lol.

Why do people think putting in a mamba monster esc and cae brushless motor in your kraton is a upgrade the kraton is just plain faster and more powerful period I have a e revo with arrma blx speed control arrma motor and it blows my stock e revo away
That is a blatant lie forums like this are to "inform" people not lie to them so stop it

Why do people think putting in a mamba monster esc and castle brushless motor in your kraton is a upgrade the kraton is just plain faster and more powerful period I have a e revo with arrma blx speed control arrma motor and it blows my stock e revo away
I'm really not trying to be a peepee for no reason but I come on forums like this for information on my RC not to read bullshit and waste time.. find something else to do with your time please

I avoided buying a new combo for a while. And after my third esc recently, that the thermal shutdown failed on and it burst into flames taking all the rest of the electronics with it, I decided to get a new combo instead of waiting on replacements.

And I notice a huge difference with the mamba monster 2200kv system compared to stock. The initial punch off the trigger is insane and the biggest noticeable difference. Arrmas esc's have a noticeable lag between pulling the trigger and the car moving.
Easiest way to explain...
I was running a 20t pinion on the stock esc on 4s and still could only pull a wheelie with my trenchers and the suspension adjusted. With the castle system a wheelie is just a trigger pull away using a 15t pinion on 4s no matter if it's stock tires, road rages or my trenchers.
I have the mamba x and u hit it right on the head! The blx (although a good system and will get u by just fine) lags really bad and all together the kraton comes with LAZY electronics!

@kraton Danny I think one of the most common responses you'll see about this type of question is reliability. Castle ESC and brushless motors are simply top notch and are proven to take a beating. They also have a wide range of features and are easily programmable.

The Arrma electronics are just fine for beginners, however it's not un-common to see users having to use the 2 year warranty to replace their fried ESC - sometimes multiple times.

My suggestion would be, if the Arrma gear is working fine for you and makes you happy then save the money for other upgrades or even another Arrma RC. ;)
Would this be an upgrade that would work in an Granite BLX?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back