Are droop screws necessary?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paultro84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Putting RPM A arms on the rear of my Outcast, are the droop screws needed for regular bashing? If so, how far down should I set them?

Yes sir, they are necessary. For bashing, (I feel) the more droop the better. But there is a limit. Too much will cause the axle shafts to bind at full drop putting pressure on the drive line joints and the diffs. (As the suspension arms swing down the distance between the wheel and the diff becomes shorter) It will also allow the shock body to top out against the underside of the shock piston at full extension. With possible shock damage as a result. I set the front so neither of those happen then set the rear droop to match. (The rear can stand more but the car seems to become more prone to front flips when on the brakes hard) Just feels better balanced with the droop equal front to rear.

Oh ok. That makes sense. I only heard of people using them to make their car/truck lower for speed runs. I never thought about setting them so I don't over extend the shocks. Thank you for sharing the knowledge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back