Granite Are leaking shocks issue fixed with V3 version of Granite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claus.lyhne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Vorteks
Hi all,

I know there were issue with leaking shocks for Granite V1 and V2, but as far as I know the shocks were improved in the V3 version. But is the issue still there?

Mine don't leak, and haven't really heard of any issues with others.

Some have stated the O-rings were upgraded for V3. But the other issue was with the rod ends breaking and having to buy the whole shock shaft as it is one piece. I don't believe that was changed. Many still use the Typhon 6S Shocks on the lower end 4x4 rigs, that are leaps and bounds much better shocks. They Don't leak and are very durable, as are all the 6S shocks.
If I were you I would get a 6s rig if you are considering an Arrma rig. The Typhon 6S is the cheapest of them right now. Fast and way more durable.
The 6S Typhon will even run fine on 3S, and 4S.
Just my thoughts.
Hopefully others may chime in with more information in regards.

:cool:

The 6S Arrma are over my budget. Also I want to use the truck for bashing and jumping and as far as I know the 6S models require several upgrades before being durable enough for this, where the 3S and 4S are more durable out of the box.

The 6S Arrma are over my budget. Also I want to use the truck for bashing and jumping and as far as I know the 6S models require several upgrades before being durable enough for this, where the 3S and 4S are more durable out of the box.
^^^You have it backwards. Do more research.
Don't take my word for it however.🤷‍♂️
You will be breaking more than you think and paying a lot more down the road if you buy cheap in the beginning. There is much better support for ALL the 6s rigs. But again, do your research better.

It was the king of bashing AKA Kevin Talbot who claims that the 6S and 8S platforms needs upgrades to handle hard bashing, where the 3S and 4S is very durable out of the box. It is in the end of this video:
that he compares the Arrma platforms. I guess that this guy have smashed more cars than anyone so he knows what he is saying.

I believe @SrC's main point was that many upgraded to 6s shocks on their 3s and 4s trucks. And if KT is your source for rc information, I wish you the best of luck going forward.

He does, but that 4s comparison was a bit weird as the 4s line was sort of discontinued few months ago as i know...
I was hoping they would make an improved version of the S4 line. I am sad to hear that they will not continue this line. Where have you heard of this?
I prefer the 1:10 scale trucks as the larger ones requires much more space both for driving but also storage, transport and repairing. And they are big enough to be fast and cope much off-road. For me 1:10 is the sweet spot when it comes to size
I believe @SrC's main point was that many upgraded to 6s shocks on their 3s and 4s trucks. And if KT is your source for rc information, I wish you the best of luck going forward.
He is a good source, but it is best to have many sources, he just says his opinion.

The 6S line was recently upgraded with the V5. The Typhon 6S is one hell of a little basher. Runs great on 4S. Only really needs better chassis braces out of the box if you jump it hard. You could probably get those for under $50.

I was hoping they would make an improved version of the S4 line. I am sad to hear that they will not continue this line. Where have you heard of this?
I've heard a interview with the founder of Arrma, where he said that they'll bring a significantly modified and re-thinked versions of the 4s line in the 2021, and the current 4s have been out of stock for months now (i remember that arrma's site specifically marked them as discontinued, but now i see it as back-order)

Suffering from the leaking shocks on my sons Granite Mega, I took a look at the part numbers for it and they are the same as listed for the newer V3 model. Makes it hard to know when ordering if the O rings will be an upgraded version or not.

Suffering from the leaking shocks on my sons Granite Mega, I took a look at the part numbers for it and they are the same as listed for the newer V3 model. Makes it hard to know when ordering if the O rings will be an upgraded version or not.
The only Arrma upgrade for those shocks are the alloy shock bodies. I don't know that it is a fix to anything however. Shocks generally leak because of the bottom cartridge and o-ring design and mfr. precision. Cheap shocks are cheap shocks IMHO.
I prefer the 1:10 scale trucks as the larger ones requires much more space both for driving but also storage, transport and repairing. And they are big enough to be fast and cope much off-road. For me 1:10 is the sweet spot when it comes to size

He is a good source, but it is best to have many sources, he just says his opinion.
Be careful with KT, don't let him fool you. He makes beaucoup $$$ breaking rigs. He needs to break them. It's all part of his shtick.
It may appear that he doesn't discriminate when he bashes, but he does. He has much experience with RC. But also has the wallet to break anything, because he can. Don't compare the average RC'er to Kevin Talbot. If you follow his lead you will get a poor understanding if you are new to this hobby.
I find him entertaining and watch him from time to time. Not a hater. His videos have gotten a bit better. He changed his format and got away from a Traxasss only mentality...where he started, way before Arrma got his attention.

Last edited:
Hmm, so it seems like the Granite Ve3 would need new shocks. I know that the Typhoon S6 versions are a good choice, but they are also very expensive. I like the Traxxas GTR shocks a lot, they are both solid and if they break parts are expensive. Slash rear shocks seems to fit Granite front, but are too short for backend.

Some recommends GPM shocks which are affordable, but replacement parts for those only comes as a kit which costs almost the same as new shocks.

Which other options are there?

I have just ordered some O rings after watching a few videos, hopefully the right size is coming and will see if they help. Ordered some these size -
O-ring 3mm ID x 2mm CS and O-ring 7mm ID x 2mm CS

Is a 2oz bottle of shock oil big enough to fill all 4 shocks?

It was the king of bashing AKA Kevin Talbot who claims that the 6S and 8S platforms needs upgrades to handle hard bashing, where the 3S and 4S is very durable out of the box. It is in the end of this video:
that he compares the Arrma platforms. I guess that this guy have smashed more cars than anyone so he knows what he is saying.
Hate to be THAT guy but have you seen some of the things Rich Duperbash and RCdude81 do with their rigs? Makes KT look lie an amateur.

I watch Rich Duperbash too, he really can drive, but KT is just more funnier ;). They both drive RC really really well. RCdude81 I don't know, will check him out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back