Limitless Are my limitless issues normal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justyjuice

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I finally got my limitless up and running today!!!! and honestly I never thought an RC car could scare me loool !! Wow the speed and power is insane… for my next run I have a couple questions I hope u more experienced peeps can help with so I don’t destroy this proxy ride lol 😝

1) where the heck can I drive this thing safely and without fearing a car running it over while having the space to enjoy it !! I live in Chino hills area Southern California. Any suggestions or places I should scope?

2) when I first turned on the car in my house it somehow took off in reverse smashing into my kitchen island on its own… I tested everything first and it was perfect….has anyone experienced this???… even when running it outside I would loose signal and the car would just go crazy and start reversing on its own smashing into the curb…. Any ideas what is going on here?

3) when I would try and get it to max speed it would make a gear up noise like it’s fighting to get more speed at full throttle ….almost like a jerking noise … is this normal or should it always be smooth speeding up … could this be the pinion gear?

4) my kit came with 1 pinion screw aren’t two included or do I need to buy a second one to make sure it’s locked extra tight besides using thread lock …

I’m running the following:

Stock pinion came with kit
6s lipo
Motor is BLX 4074 2050kv 4pole 6s brushless
ESC BLX 185 brushless 6s ic5

5) I’m using a Sanwa m-44 reciever … one thing I didn’t do was re-program the reciever from using it on my 1/10 buggy so I’m thinking I need a néw Reciver or need to wipe this one out on the controller and re-do it with the BLX ESC

Thanks so much guys!! Hop y’all can help!! Would hate to self destruct this beautiful car!!

Hey guys I finally got my limitless up and running today!!!! and honestly I never thought an RC car could scare me loool !! Wow the speed and power is insane… for my next run I have a couple questions I hope u more experienced peeps can help with so I don’t destroy this proxy ride lol 😝

1) where the heck can I drive this thing safely and without fearing a car running it over while having the space to enjoy it !! I live in Chino hills area Southern California. Any suggestions or places I should scope?

2) when I first turned on the car in my house it somehow took off in reverse smashing into my kitchen island on its own… I tested everything first and it was perfect….has anyone experienced this???… even when running it outside I would loose signal and the car would just go crazy and start reversing on its own smashing into the curb…. Any ideas what is going on here?

3) when I would try and get it to max speed it would make a gear up noise like it’s fighting to get more speed at full throttle ….almost like a jerking noise … is this normal or should it always be smooth speeding up … could this be the pinion gear?

4) my kit came with 1 pinion screw aren’t two included or do I need to buy a second one to make sure it’s locked extra tight besides using thread lock …

I’m running the following:

Stock pinion came with kit
6s lipo
Motor is BLX 4074 2050kv 4pole 6s brushless
ESC BLX 185 brushless 6s ic5

5) I’m using a Sanwa m-44 reciever … one thing I didn’t do was re-program the reciever from using it on my 1/10 buggy so I’m thinking I need a néw Reciver or need to wipe this one out on the controller and re-do it with the BLX ESC

Thanks so much guys!! Hop y’all can help!! Would hate to self destruct this beautiful car!!

1. Not from the area so sorry can't help on that.

5 is causing 2.

3. Is your gear mesh set properly?

4. Pretty sure they only come with 1 the pinion should only have 1 hole.

As far as question number 2 goes, can't help with the range issues, but as far as the car taking off when you turn it on: NEVER turn the car on first without the transmitter being powered on. ALWAYS power on transmitter first and car second. ALWAYS power off car first and transmitter second.

5 is causing 2.

2. Other than correctly calibration of the ESC/receiver, some radio's also have failsafe settings. I am not familiar with sanwa though
3. Could also be un-shimmed diffs or max amp limiting (depends on what u call max speed)

1st. Reset your RX. Setup your TX for a new model. Then go through the calibration of the ESC, Throttle and Steering (including steering end points).
Then turn everything off. Turn on TX first (always) then power on RX. Either lift RC off the ground or hold it against the curb with your foot and check forward, reverse and steering are all working correctly.
This should help you with the car reversing on its own.

As far as the noise you are hearing when you are on full throttle, chances are you are hitting LVC/TEMP/Max amp and it is limiting full throttle.

What batteries are you running? If it still happens AFTER you do the above, Take a video of it happening. It will help us figure out what is going on. Also, make sure you have high C rated batteries and that they have full charge.

I think I posted on your other thread for things you need to also do before your next run… If NOT, someone else was just talking about the limitless and you can read what I typed there.

There are a great group of guys on here that are knowledgeable and eager to help….
Welcome to the AF family!!

2) when I first turned on the car in my house it somehow took off in reverse smashing into my kitchen island on its own..
Absolutely almost injured one of my children when I first turned original Outcast for the first time.

I was so mad at myself. Literally had no idea that was even possible.

Radio ON first. Radio Off last. Hard and fast rule. Get used to bad habits and you will get burned for sure.
Most runaways are user error in this regard. Aside from user error, these radio's and ESC's are tempermental at times. BE careful always.
Sometimes a simple thing like Throttle trim is inadvertantly moved without knowing and can cause a runaway, despit failsafe being properly set.
My son, when he was very young would play with the radio knobs and caused much carnage in this respect to runaways. Almost lost one rig, that approached a highway with moving traffic. That woud have caused a multi-car pile up.:cry:

I live in NYC and have a hard time finding nice groomed open space without any traffic. I go to L.I. beaches where there are large smooth open lots in the off-season. Sometimes an hour or so drive. About as good as it gets for me. Still consistently only in the 90's mph. Despite the nice long Radio range I have. You have to spend alot of time scouting for areas to run. Like everyone does. I feel a good 3/4 mile straight is what you comfortably need. And still maintaining some visibility on your rig.
I am only able to stay in the 90mph speeds because of this.
Speed running just needs long space to get some of the real speeds we see others doing.

Last edited:
Absolutely almost injured one of my children when I first turned original Outcast for the first time.

5 is causing 2.

Thanks for answers!! yeah my pinion gear has two holes ? When setting my pinion to my gear I just take it in as far as I can otherwise I’m finding the gear is pushing the whole motor mount out to the point where the car looses connection to the gear!!
Radio ON first. Radio Off last. Hard and fast rule. Get used to bad habits and you will get burned for sure.
Most runaways are user error in this regard. Aside from user error, these radio's and ESC's are tempermental at times. BE careful always.
Sometimes a simple thing like Throttle trim is inadvertantly moved without knowing and can cause a runaway, despit failsafe being properly set.
My son, when he was very young would play with the radio knobs and caused much carnage in this respect to runaways. Almost lost one rig, that approached a highway with moving traffic. That woud have caused a multi-car pile up.:cry:

I live in NYC and have a hard time finding nice groomed open space without any traffic. I go to L.I. beaches where there are large smooth open lots in the off-season. Sometimes an hour or so drive. About as good as it gets for me. Still consistently only in the 90's mph. Despite the nice long Radio range I have. You have to spend alot of time scouting for areas to run. Like everyone does. I feel a good 3/4 mile straight is what you comfortably need. And still maintaining some visibility on your rig.
Speed running just needs long space to get some of the real speeds we see others doing.
wow that’s crazy!! Lol yeah I will def follow these rules now!! Hey ha is for the advice I will scope my area

5 is causing 2.

Thanks for answers!! yeah my pinion gear has two holes ? When setting my pinion to my gear I just take it in as far as I can otherwise I’m finding the gear is pushing the whole motor mount out … added thread lock now so hopefully it doesn’t move…. It would move to the point where the car looses connection to the gear!!

Will def follow the he first on last off rule now !!! Geez …I must have done something like that and it went haywire!! 3/4 mile is far how far can a transmitter work ?? I have a sanwa mt-44

Dude I felt exactly the same way !! had no clue and luckily all the black skid marks came off the floor 😣😕… nice to know I’m not alone lol!!
1st. Reset your RX. Setup your TX for a new model. Then go through the calibration of the ESC, Throttle and Steering (including steering end points).
Then turn everything off. Turn on TX first (always) then power on RX. Either lift RC off the ground or hold it against the curb with your foot and check forward, reverse and steering are all working correctly.
This should help you with the car reversing on its own.

As far as the noise you are hearing when you are on full throttle, chances are you are hitting LVC/TEMP/Max amp and it is limiting full throttle.

What batteries are you running? If it still happens AFTER you do the above, Take a video of it happening. It will help us figure out what is going on. Also, make sure you have high C rated batteries and that they have full charge.

I think I posted on your other thread for things you need to also do before your next run… If NOT, someone else was just talking about the limitless and you can read what I typed there.

There are a great group of guys on here that are knowledgeable and eager to help….
Welcome to the AF family!!
Thanks !! Yeah I did the above it’s seeming much better after resetting my esc … i will take it for a spin… If I still have issues I will post a vid for sure !! Thanks for your help!! I’ll see if I can find that other posting you did. 👍🏼💪🏼👊☺️
2. Other than correctly calibration of the ESC/receiver, some radio's also have failsafe settings. I am not familiar with sanwa though
3. Could also be un-shimmed diffs or max amp limiting (depends on what u call max speed)
Hmmm I’ll take it for spin and see if an esc reset helped … thanks!! 🍻
As far as question number 2 goes, can't help with the range issues, but as far as the car taking off when you turn it on: NEVER turn the car on first without the transmitter being powered on. ALWAYS power on transmitter first and car second. ALWAYS power off car first and transmitter second.
Yeah from what I’m reading it looks like that’s what exactly I did …. What’s weird is the car would drive fine and when I would go to bring it back it would just gas or reverse really hard and smash into the curb… I did an esc reset I’m hoping that helped !!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back