Talion Are rpm arms even a good idea??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
Since rpm arms are so flexible, couldn’t they also be kinda bad? Like since they flex so much on a bad landing can’t they rip off many more shock rod ends and bend more dogbones?

There the best replacement/upgrade available at the moment. Sure they flex.. I’d rather bend or break a A arm on a bad landing than something else more expensive plus it’s a very easy fix. Hoping Arrma will offer a EXB talion someday then I’ll check those out until then RPM is my go to on all my rigs.

Been running RPM arms since late 90’s and have zero regrets. Highly recommended products overall.

Thanks guys. Will they fit the v4 talion? I’ve read numerous things that they are not a drop in fit.
Here's one that was on my Talion ?

20200825_113725.jpg

Found it while performing maintenance. They certainly aren't unbreakable and I hate they way they warp. So far I am loving the EXB suspension arms.

Since rpm arms are so flexible, couldn’t they also be kinda bad? Like since they flex so much on a bad landing can’t they rip off many more shock rod ends and bend more dogbones?
That's a great question. Arrma's snap too easy but RPM's flex too much. The RPM last longer, but as they get old, drive shafts start popping out more easily and it gets harder to set up ride height because they're bent. I just got the Kraton EXB and the arms are night and day to the stock 6s. Haven't had enough runtime to truly test them out, but first impression is that they should hold up well. Then you have the issue of hinge pins. Stronger arms could lead to bent pins. You know what, there's no good answer. Sorry I got involved in this conversation. @bicketybam, please don't yell at me.

That's a great question. Arrma's snap too easy but RPM's flex too much. The RPM last longer, but as they get old, drive shafts start popping out more easily and it gets harder to set up ride height because they're bent. I just got the Kraton EXB and the arms are night and day to the stock 6s. Haven't had enough runtime to truly test them out, but first impression is that they should hold up well. Then you have the issue of hinge pins. Stronger arms could lead to bent pins. You know what, there's no good answer. Sorry I got involved in this conversation. @bicketybam, please don't yell at me.
I agree with everything you said! ???

I like the trade-off for the RPM arms. To me that means with less flexible arms you will have more session-ending breaks, while with the RPM arms they keep going until they are so fatigued and worn out that you need to replace them. If using the more flexible RPM arms means replacing them less often and experiencing fewer session-ending breakages that seems like the better solution to me. You guys that have run them say they last longer - so it's not really much of a trade-off. I think it's worth having a few spares either way - I am new and haven't smashed anything yet so I'll stick with stock and have some RPM stuff on the bench as spares.

I mean I’ve had great luck with my stock arrma arms. The exb arms seem amazing to me.
Here's one that was on my Talion ?

View attachment 96767

Found it while performing maintenance. They certainly aren't unbreakable and I hate they way they warp. So far I am loving the EXB suspension arms.
Can you use the exb arms with the talion shocks and towers?

I mean I’ve had great luck with my stock arrma arms. The exb arms seem amazing to me.

Can you use the exb arms with the talion shocks and towers?
Stock arms are okay, but they have a tendency to break near the hinge pins fairly easily. They're also very inexpensive if purchased through a kit breaker. If you can switch out fast, definitely good bang for the buck.

Stock arms are okay, but they have a tendency to break near the hinge pins fairly easily. They're also very inexpensive if purchased through a kit breaker. If you can switch out fast, definitely good bang for the buck.
I'm curious about the lineup for the shocks. I was thinking the exb towers were different and it ended up changing the geometry of everything and where the rod ends will attach. I run RPM on everything that has the wide arms though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back