are servo connectors common across brands? Suggested radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kSetuni

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Vorteks
Hi everyone,

I tried searching but didnt come up with anything.

Do servos from various manufacturers use the same connector type? The reason I'm asking as that I'm looking at a fully upgraded notorious that has a tactic receiver in it and I wasnt sure if the servo would also be different. I'll likely go with a spektrum futaba or sanwa radio and was hoping to use the existing servo which has been upgraded to a 35kg.

I'm also debating back and forth on radios. I have a vorteks that came with the Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DX3 Smart DSMR® 3-Channel Transmitter and Spektrum™ SR6200A AVC® Receiver. I also have a K6S blx that came with a Spektrum ™ SLT3™ 2.4GHz 3-Channel Radio which imo is junk and a Spektrum ™ SR315 3-Channel Dual Protocol Receiver (installed) Are these receivers suitable for someone entering the hobby doing some bashing and maybe some novice racing? Im trying out a Dx5C but was irritated by the cheap data port cover that I nearly couldnt get back on. I dislike the foam feel of the wheel too. I also trying out a current version dx5 rugged with the updated touchpad im looking at to see if its worth the money or not. One thing I liked is that it will show me the batter level on my spektrum lipos I have.

If these aren't feasible, i'm trying to decide if I should get a mid level sanwa or futaba which would mean that I would have to get at least one if not 2-3 more receivers.

I appreciate any help and feedback.

Servo connectors are pretty standard these days With the 3 wire, should be fine. There are some higher power servos that would require your esc to send higher voltage. As for radios it all about what you want to spend. I don’t race so I keep it pretty simple. My favorite radio that I have is the fly sky GT5. Also have Dumbo, Slt3, DX2e, and traxxas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back