Kraton Are the bearings in the Kraton a weak link that need to be upgraded?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackops

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering did I read someplace in the forums or maybe watch on a YouTube video that the bearings in the Kraton or maybe just in the Arrma trucks overall are a weak point and really should be upgraded to something better?

Or did I just make that up because I have no regards to my bank account and am looking for something else to tack onto my EXB build :ROFLMAO:

But if it is indeed a weak link, is it all the bearings that should be upgraded or just certain ones? What are the best or better bearings out there? Any specific brands to stay away from (i.e. that are not that much better than stock) and ones to totally sell your soul in order to outfit your rig with?

I have Fast Eddy bearings to replaces ones that go bad, but I haven't had any fail yet. The stock bearings are decent, rubber shielded bearings. Nothing special, but they'll get the job done about as long as any other bearing, especially if you clean them consistently.

I have Fast Eddy bearings to replaces ones that go bad, but I haven't had any fail yet. The stock bearings are decent, rubber shielded bearings. Nothing special, but they'll get the job done about as long as any other bearing, especially if you clean them consistently.
Thanks, I was not sure at all so just wanted to know. Still trying to learn and play catch up from my 15 year hiatus and man has a lot changed in the RC landscape since then.
Much appreciated as always Sargent_Horse

The motor bearing is a must to keep an eye on - any side to side play in the pinion (will feel like you can click it from side to side) and it needs replacing the stock ones are terrible. The other bearings aren't too bad depending on the level of muck you run in. Keep an eye out for play in diff bearings both laterally and along the axis, if it gets bad it can loosen the mesh enough to cause it to strip ring gear teeth.

Any of the v4 and older 6s trucks didn’t have rubber shielded bearings and tend to muck up pretty quickly. The newer V5 and exb come with rubber shielded bearings and honestly are pretty decent… I’m not sure why but they never updated the steering bushing though 🤦🏻‍♂️.. I like the hot racing servo saver in my 6s rigs though and those come with new bearings :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back