Fireteam Are the Fireteam front driveshafts popping out like some of the other EXBs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Asking the question, but this has NOT happened to me yet but have seen some YT'er experience it.

With the Kraton EXB and Talion EXB, I removed the front arms top washer & red cap. The front diffs also have the M2C outdrives. With that change alone, lifting the arm fully up inside the driveshaft is well inside by a few mm. Prior to doing the fix, I was just 1-2mm from the driveshaft coming out of the outdrive. The change has been positive for me so far, no more pop-outs.

Fireteam
I got it in June. I did not remove the black caps or washers off the arms. Like the two above, I do have M2C outdrives on the front diff. Unlike the other two, lifting it fully up, I am further inside the outdrive than the other two rigs, not at the edge at all to pop out. So I left it as is. Months later, bashing, nothing has popped out so far!

I know the FT is not an EXB.
  1. Has your Fireteam experienced a front driveshaft popping out?
  2. If so, were the upper arm washer and lower black cap on/off?

It just dawned on me, watching another FT video on their first bash and his driveshaft popped out. I realized I never took mine off for good measure like the other two rigs. Like to know if the fam experienced #1 or #2

Thx

I have not driven mine as I’m still wrenching on it. Next is working on the body panels as I removed the four dudes.
But I did have a close look at the CVD’s. With shocks fully compressed and extended there it seems all good to me; no pressure on the cups (when compressed) or close to popping out (when extended). So I will keep the stock washers and caps.

My take on it would be the more axle engagement into the cup the better for any off-road basher..

If the camber is off enough to bother you, another option Is you can shave the ends of the arms and still utilize shims for camber setting's..

More axle / cup purchase is never a bad thing.. 👍

YESSS!! Such a bad issue the last time I was at the BMX track they popped out all the time, for some reason the shocks compress so much and when I hit jumps that are a bit rougher you can hear the drive shafts popping in/out at times. @olds97_lss put some type of tubes in his shock to prevent compression and was going to give me some, but I am yet to see him.

YESSS!! Such a bad issue the last time I was at the BMX track they popped out all the time, for some reason the shocks compress so much and when I hit jumps that are a bit rougher you can hear the drive shafts popping in/out at times. @olds97_lss put some type of tubes in his shock to prevent compression and was going to give me some, but I am yet to see him.
Thx for the post. Very few have the FT here so very curious as others get one the feedback.

I would remove the shims on the PB's ( adding more purchase) and perhaps additionally use Shock limiters on the Fr. shock shafts.
Nitro fuel line tubing aprox 3-4 mm long onto the shock rods, limiting the Fr shocks' compression stroke a tad bit. Extreme Steering articulation, simultaneously, along with extreme shock compression causes the axels to pop out at the output cups. From my Experience.
More purchase into the Output cups helps to prevent this.
All this while making sure you don't over do it, or the Ouput cups and Drive Shaft dog bone ends will bind. Also NG. This can ruin the diff and/or cause bent CVD Drive shafts.

Last edited:
I did the tubes in the rear. It helped but my output cups got too chewed up. I replaced them and the drive shafts with M2C's. No issue now but then the front did it. 🙄 I already had M2C drive shafts on had but not more output cups. I'll do the tubing, rebuild the diff with the M2C cups and installing the drive shafts as soon as the cups comes in...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092V26GQG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

^
6$ for a pack of nylon washers, put the smaller ones around the outside of the shock shaft. About 4-5 of them and it will limit the shock compression and stop the driveshaft from ever popping out again. It's basically the same thing as putting on the fuel tube but even easier.

Well, sort of, but not really.. nitro fuel tubing will absorb a over compression, lessening the forces applied elsewhere... The nylon washers will not, transferring that load to the next part's in line (rod end / standoff)..

It would be the same amount of work as the washers, but with added load suppression... 👍

Well, sort of, but not really.. nitro fuel tubing will absorb a over compression, lessening the forces applied elsewhere... The nylon washers will not, transferring that load to the next part's in line (rod end / standoff)..

It would be the same amount of work as the washers, but with added load suppression... 👍
Interesting! I've never had a problem with breaking rod ends or standoffs. Good to know though, thank you :cool:(y)

Just took mine out for the first run And it was flawless and fun. Little bit air here and there. Give it the 2nd go over in a day or 2. Have to remove the chassis from my MLB truck for a warranty exchange first.

IMG_20221130_113138.jpg

I did the tubes in the rear. It helped but my output cups got too chewed up. I replaced them and the drive shafts with M2C's. No issue now but then the front did it. 🙄 I already had M2C drive shafts on had but not more output cups. I'll do the tubing, rebuild the diff with the M2C cups and installing the drive shafts as soon as the cups comes in...

In your situation, did you have the two shims on the upper and lower arms, or were they both removed when it popped out in that setup?
Just took mine out for the first run And it was flawless and fun. Little bit air here and there. Give it the 2nd go over in a day or 2. Have to remove the chassis from my MLB truck for a warranty exchange first.

View attachment 259453

Nice....welcome to the FT club. Happy to see you all getting one!!!

I'd look at the FT thread each time I log on...just dead on new post. Amazing what a $399 sale will do to bust purchase and convo on the FT.

I'm too limited for good ideas, so I welcome all the new feedback coming (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back