Typhon Are the high speed shaft holders necessary?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbulsara

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hi all,
I recently upgraded my mega Typhon to mostly 3s parts. However I have not included the high speed shaft holder. Is this necessary? Or is there a better shaft I could use?

Hi all,
I recently upgraded my mega Typhon to mostly 3s parts. However I have not included the high speed shaft holder. Is this necessary? Or is there a better shaft I could use?
If youve gone brushless, IMO yes the shaft holder is helpful as it spibs so much faster.

Ok, I guess I will get one. What size hole do you need to drill into the body? The mega doesn’t come with it.
Also I haven’t broken anything on the typhon yet (knock on wood) but, are there any v3 upgrades which are deemed essential? My mega has an upgrade motor mount and clutch gear and both diffs and input gear upgrades.

Ok, I guess I will get one. What size hole do you need to drill into the body? The mega doesn’t come with it.
Also I haven’t broken anything on the typhon yet (knock on wood) but, are there any v3 upgrades which are deemed essential? My mega has an upgrade motor mount and clutch gear and both diffs and input gear upgrades.
Sounds like you are well set. You don't need to drill a hole - the bearing holder just expands into the hex holes that run along the centre when you screw it in. Takes a bit of pressure to push in initially, don't break the bearing holder!

Bearings - rubber seals all round worth doing. Is your mega on the plastic turnbuckles? Id upgrade these to the 3s metal ones... have a look at my build thread for some inspiration :)

Sounds like you are well set. You don't need to drill a hole - the bearing holder just expands into the hex holes that run along the centre when you screw it in. Takes a bit of pressure to push in initially, don't break the bearing holder!

Bearings - rubber seals all round worth doing. Is your mega on the plastic turnbuckles? Id upgrade these to the 3s metal ones... have a look at my build thread for some inspiration :)
Cool I was under the impression I would have to drill. That makes things even easier. What kind of wheels/tires do you run on yours ?

Cool I was under the impression I would have to drill. That makes things even easier. What kind of wheels/tires do you run on yours ?
Duratrax six pack at the moment. The stock ones held up pretty well to 3 and 4s but the 6packs are great for 4s.

20200923_221412.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back