Kraton Are the Kraton 8S Diffs Strong Enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
What do you guys think? ?
20191204_171233.jpg
20191204_171301.jpg
20191204_171327.jpg

Holy hell these diffs are beefy! Ive heard that the Xmaxx diffs were strong but these things look like they could withstand 12s. My only concern is the center CVD and pin. The CVD is 5mm while the wheel CVD's are 5.5mm. I'm not sure why they made the centers thinner. Gone are the drive cup and grub screw as they are replaced with a CVD.
20191204_172126.jpg
20191204_172135.jpg

The CVD pin is 3mm. We will have to see how these hold up to the giant 1/5 torque monsters. But I have to say, man am I impressed. Oh, the bulkhead cover is held on with 5 screws, one of which is 4mm.

20191204_172546.jpg

These look absolutely bulletproof. Well done, Arrma!???

View attachment 56219View attachment 56220View attachment 56221

Holy hell these diffs are beefy! Ive heard that the Xmaxx diffs were strong but these things look like they could withstand 12s. My only concern is the center CVD and pin. The CVD is 5mm while the wheel CVD's are 5.5mm. I'm not sure why they made the centers thinner. Gone are the drive cup and grub screw as they are replaced with a CVD.
View attachment 56222View attachment 56223

The CVD pin is 3mm. We will have to see how these hold up to the giant 1/5 torque monsters. But I have to say, man am I impressed. Oh, the bulkhead cover is held on with 5 screws, one of which is 4mm.

View attachment 56224

You know I like bulletproof diffs... I saw the YouTube videos... they’re very well built... this pleases me. The size is about right for a 6th scale but the spiral is what’s gonna make them ultra reliable imo. They are definitely bombproofer than the revo 2.0 diffs.

View attachment 56219View attachment 56220View attachment 56221

View attachment 56222View attachment 56223

View attachment 56224

How are the bearings?

You know I like bulletproof diffs... I saw the YouTube videos... they’re very well built... this pleases me. The size is about right for a 6th scale but the spiral is what’s gonna make them ultra reliable imo. They are definitely bombproofer than the revo 2.0 diffs.
These are bigger than the Losi Super Rock Rey diffs, especially the pinion. I guess we will find out if the spiral cut will hold up but gun to my head I would say no problem.

How are the bearings?

For metal shielded bearings they are well made. And big. The two bearings that go in the bulkhead are both the same size: 26x15x7.

20191204_174635.jpg

OMG huge !!!!! I just got mine tonight , (didn't run it ) and just examining on the bench for awhile , have to say this is ALOT of truck for the $$$$$ . Comparing it to the V4 6s rigs @ $549 .

Yes it is.... it’s a really quality looking RC and the only X maxx comparison I’ll make is that it certainly without question feels and looks much more expensive while being similar price. It’s a much better value.

Yes it is.... it’s a really quality looking RC and the only X maxx comparison I’ll make is that it certainly without question feels and looks much more expensive while being similar price. It’s a much better value.
Are you feeling ok? ?

Gracias amigo!
12T/39T diffs would work pretty good for speed uses.
It is just that internal center diff/transmission setup that reduces the gearing so much.
It does but I bet someone will release a smaller "spur" gear. I'm talking about the geat that contacts the pinion. There is no reason why a smaller one couldn't be fitted.

20191205_102209.jpg

Are you feeling ok? ?

I was sent a joint in my Kraton Box assuming they knew who the truck was for ?. Now Tekno has to send you something special in the box if you ever get one.
It does but I bet someone will release a smaller "spur" gear. I'm talking about the geat that contacts the pinion. There is no reason why a smaller one couldn't be fitted.

View attachment 56293

I’m sure you are right.... that is a popular mod with the x maxx and I’m sure the same people who jumped on that bandwagon will sell parts for this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back