are there any good 1/16 scale rc out there

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anybody know if there any good mini cars out there that can fit into a backpack
I think the undisputed king would be the TLR Mini-T 2.0 (1/18).

I've heard great things about the TA Reflex buggy/truggy (1/14).

I plan on getting both of these in the near future.

If you’re interested in a 4wd the LC Racing truggy is by far the best I’ve come across, much more durable than the Losi truggy.... Mine is absolute insanity on 3s. The kids beat on mine pretty hard but still never had any diff issues.

I just got this one from banggood and been modding it. Its build very well. Its a Zd s16. The esc and reciever is one unit though so if you want to put your own transmitter to it, you'll have to put a new esc in it. I put a max 10 and paired it to my flysky noble ?? its a 1:16th scale and fits perfect in my book bag. Great car for indoors. Pretty quick put the box too.
20201018_192152.jpg
20201018_192603.jpg

I don't have one (yet), but this inexpensive 1/16th has been getting some attention lately. HBX 16889. $89 with battery, USB charging cable, transmitter all included. Bring it anywhere, charge it anywhere you can find a USB port.
https://www.banggood.com/HBX-16889-...ck-RTR-Model-p-1590319.html?cur_warehouse=USA
It's brushless, but this guy upgraded a brushed version then upgraded shocks and added bigger tires. And it can do this!

Last edited:
I am waiting for them to release the brushless version like they just did with the Mini T 2.0, but I'm looking forward to this buggy-- big time!!!!
I’m impatient as hell, I need it now!! ?
However, I’ll probably drop the dynamite or a castle brushless combo in it anyway. ?

I’m impatient as hell, I need it now!! ?
However, I’ll probably drop the dynamite or a castle brushless combo in it anyway. ?
I totally understand ?

I had it in my cart with the new SCX24, but talked myself out of the Losi Buggy for the reason I mentioned lol, I will get by with what I have in the meantime!

Definitely an untapped market really. Think about it, no one really ever wants to buy Banggood junk but we all would probably spend 200$ for a branded mini basher! Something I can do flips with indoors etc.
So fat the losi mini-T 2.0 is top pick. Could be a good thread to start..."Searching for the best mini basher"

I really wish I hadn't seen this... now I want it, too. :oops: This car does look like an amazing deal and even has LED lighting for extra bling! The BangGood site has two videos reviews of the car. If you don't car about indoor "bashing" and just want to race (like on a concrete basement floor), this car would be hard to beat...

https://usa.banggood.com/ZD-1-or-16...html?rmmds=search&ID=6287832&cur_warehouse=CN
Careful on those, multiple issues in qc lead to the cars breaking parts like gears etc. Parts are hard to get and crap. I've got the wltoys k989 and it's a waste of time and money.?

Careful on those, multiple issues in qc lead to the cars breaking parts like gears etc. Parts are hard to get and crap. I've got the wltoys k989 and it's a waste of time and money.?
Exactly this... Got a 144001 and kept losing wheel hubs at speed. Junked it, waste of money right there

Exactly this... Got a 144001 and kept losing wheel hubs at speed. Junked it, waste of money right there
I have the opposite experience. Out of the box I greased the difs, drive shaft and loctite the wheels. It ran fine and then I put a few upgrades on it. I paid 73$ for the 144001, put a 35$ brushless system, 10$ servo 12$ lc racing motor mount and 8$ receiver for a different radio. I lot of fun for 150$.

For 200$ or so get the lc racing buggy or Mt. For a little more than that the truggy. Also, Wltoys also has a long wheeled version of the 144001 and a desert buggy. https://www.quadifyrc.com/rccarreviews/wl-toys-124019-124018-preview-upgraded-and-embiggened-144001

They are not for the lazy, you have to go over them, once this is done they are fine. If the wheels are made too tight the hexes collapse at the pins and rub the axle carriers and cause them to strip and unscrew themselves on the right side.

Last edited:
I have the opposite experience. Out of the box I greased the difs, drive shaft and loctite the wheels. It ran fine and then I put a few upgrades on it. I paid 73$ for the 144001, put a 35$ brushless system, 10$ servo 12$ lc racing motor mount and 8$ receiver for a different radio. I lot of fun for 150$.

For another 75$ or so get the lc racing buggy or Mt. For a little more than that the truggy. Also, Wltoys also has a long wheeled version of the 144001 and a desert buggy. https://www.quadifyrc.com/rccarreviews/wl-toys-124019-124018-preview-upgraded-and-embiggened-144001

The are not for the lazy, you have to go over them, once this is done they are fine. If the wheels are made too tight the hexes collapse at the pins and rub the axle carriers and cause them to strip and unscrew themselves on the right side.
Wouldn't consider myself "lazy" in regards to the hobby. I purchased a brushless system (new servo as well, of course), CNC'd a new motor mount, went through the differentials, all of it.

I still have it, but because of the wait for parts, it has sat idle for months. I have much more fun with my Mini T, being as though I can get parts much more readily. This one just wasn't for me!

For 200$ or so get the lc racing buggy or Mt. For a little more than that the truggy. Also, Wltoys also has a long wheeled version of the 144001 and a desert buggy. https://www.quadifyrc.com/rccarreviews/wl-toys-124019-124018-preview-upgraded-and-embiggened-144001

They are not for the lazy, you have to go over them, once this is done they are fine. If the wheels are made too tight the hexes collapse at the pins and rub the axle carriers and cause them to strip and unscrew themselves on the right side.
I own both the LC Racing and the WL Toys cars and I would never buy the WL Toys again. The quality of the parts is a night and day difference and well worth the extra $$ for the LC Racing vehicles.

Some comparisons.
  • LC Racing has partially sealed diffs. Wl Toys are not sealed.
  • LC Racing has an adjustable motor mount. Wl Toys is non adjustable, mine the gear mesh is too tight.
  • LC Racing has an adjustable center slipper clutch. Wl Toys is fixed spur.
  • LC Racing has shock towers that don't fold like tinfoil. Wl Toys shock towers fold faster than an Arrma Kraton landing on the shock towers.
  • LC Racing has a top plate that is actually functional. The Wl Toys one is basically just an esc shelf and does not provide any structural support whatsoever.
  • LC Racing comes with rubber sealed non proprietary bearings. The Wl Toys comes with proprietary sized open bearings that so far I can only find from Wl Toys.
  • LC Racing comes with a 3 wire servo. Wl Toys is a 5 wire.
  • LC Racing comes with a rebranded Hobbywing 16BL30 Esc and a Batan 2.4ghz radio system. Wl Toys has some no name 2 in 1 esc/rx that only accepts 5 wire servos.
  • LC Racing comes with 0.5 mod gearing but thanks to the Mini 8ight can be easily converted to 48p and 0.5mod and 48p pinions are rather easy to come by. The Wl Toys is some odd sized pitch like 0.6 or 0.7 mod that is not as easy to find.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back