Kraton Are these 3S Lipos going in the Kraton v4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't do it. That's asking for trouble. 2 smaller 3s pairs (or 6s packs) are a better route in my opinion...

Hello,

i would like to buy 2 of these ( https://www.modellbau-metz.com/kata...po-7200mah-3s---111v-55c-continuos-110c-burst ) and drive with 6S. They go in the Battery Tray but only without the cover.
Are someone of you build your own cover or fix the Batterys with Cable Ties or what is the best Method?

Thank you!
@bicketybam modded his Kraton battery tray for a different reason, and I think it would work for you as well. Here's the video where he shows what he did:

Running that high of Mah will generate too much heat and the batteries will weigh a ton, and your truck will handle like it has a yard of mulch in the bed. This will compromise the electrics and maybe the difs as well. If this is for speed runs and not bashing, I guess go for it. The way my rigs are geared I can’t get through a 4800mah pack without the esc overheating. I know it’s a lot of money but if you can swing having two trucks to let one cool off is nice, 3 is almost perfect for nice long wait free runs.
If you get those batteries buy a cheap temp gun to watch the motor can and esc temps. You can catch high temps before the fire starts or the motor overheats. 170 f is what “they” say to shoot for but in my world I try to stay less than 200 on the motor, esc gets maybe 140-160f.

I know @bicketybam has run some pretty large packs in his, but I'm not sure he ever runs from full to empty in a single session.

I run full packs and I gear accordingly so I can run without overheating the motor/esc. I'm running hobbystar 6200 3s packs in my outcast. They fit fine and give me around 18-19 minutes of pretty hard running at a grass bmx track without overheating. I did have 14/54, but that would overheat on me if I didn't let it cool down between packs. Or if I ran too hard, it would overheat before I depleted one set of packs. I run trencher 3.8's though, which are quite a bit heavier than stock tires which doesn't help. If I was running stock tires, I'd probably be ok with 14/54.

I also have HRB5000mah 3S 50C packs which give me about 15 minutes of run time. They are a bit thinner/lighter than the 6200's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back