Kraton are these the right motor fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They appear identical. The PowerHobby is cheaper.(y) Both same in dimensions also. I got the Yeah Racing version for my Limitless. Still in the package. Will be using the BLX 2050 motor. It will work and the heatsink should install nice firm and snug, which is important or you wont get much heat transfer. I tried other clip on ones, and they are just no good for the BLX2050 .The BLX 2050 is a smaller diameter for instance than the HW motors that I also have. (2-3mm smaller.) Some users have stated the fans are not all that, but with fans, you pay for what you get. and Heatsink /fan combos rarely come with good fans. IMO. WTF has great High speed fans for down the road when you need. Its all about a properly fitting heatsink that matters most. IMO I will probably install mine while the motor is removed.
20191130_191033.jpg

Last edited:
They appear identical. The PowerHobby is cheaper.(y) Both same in dimensions also. I got the Yeah Racing version for my Limitless. Still in the package. Will be using the BLX 2050 motor. It will work and the heatsink should install nice firm and snug, which is important or you wont get much heat transfer. I tried other clip on ones, and they are just no good for the BLX2050 .The BLX 2050 is a smaller diameter for instance than the HW motors that I also have. (2-3mm smaller.) Some users have stated the fans are not all that, but with fans, you pay for what you get. and Heatsink /fan combos rarely come with good fans. IMO. WTF has great High speed fans for down the road when you need. Its all about a properly fitting heatsink that matters most. IMO I will probably install mine while the motor is removed.View attachment 55776
well im not concerned with price (that much) is there a better fan heatsink combo? I would rather do it once right etc..

well im not concerned with price (that much) is there a better fan heatsink combo? I would rather do it once right etc..
They are both the same heatsink just rebranded, the fans are probably the same and will most likely need to be replaced anyway.

For the BLX2050 motor, I have not seen a better fitting setup. Maybe others will chime in??? I have two other style heatsinks that simply would not work on these 2050 motors. And these motors have fins, so the fit is important. There is not much surface area to transfer heat. I also used an Exotek fan clamp on my Tekno MT and my 2019 Kraton. Did it a little different. I feel a high CFM fan or two alone mounted well is all you need sometimes. The rear of the motor opposite the pinion gear end is where all the heat is generated. Or is the highest temp for the most part. IMO. Using my temp gun all the time. The silver narrow finned heatsink that you see is a 1/10 scale H.S. that I also fit with thermal epoxy. Just recycled stuff I have around. But fit well enough. As you can see, I left the finned portion of the motor exposed.
20191130_192537.jpg

These are two 25mm fans. The fan on the back is mounted to a 25mm heatsink that I glued to the motor with Thermal Transfer epoxy. I clamped it on the motor for two days to cure. and has not budged after 5 or 6 packs. The forward 25mm fan is mounted using an Exotek 1/8 fan mount clamp. I was eating larger fans due to impacts and the fan cages would crack easily. So I tried two smaller 25mm fans. They appear more durable even though smaller and keep temps down. But I was specific about putting that back fan and heatsink on because most heat comes from that part of the motor.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back