Kraton Are V3 parts compatible with V1 Kratons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zgr812

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just got a barely used V1 in a trade. It was good for me anyway. Anyway, are the v3 parts compatible with this? And exactly what upgrades should I do first? This seems to be bone stock right now.

Thanks

I have a V1 Kraton and Typhon. Most everything is compatible. Upgrades -

First - If you have the red ESC and motor, box them up and send them to Hobbic, they have a recall for fire. They will send you a new BLX185 in about a week or two.

Second - Hubs - the V1 had a mid-model upgrade. If you have the narrow hubs, swap them for the V2 hubs and hex's. The narrow hub will eat the inner bearings. Wide hub solves this.

Wing mount. THe V2 arrma wing mount or the RPM mount is a good upgrade. The V1 mount will probably break on the second bad landing. The Outcast version with the wheelie bar is a good upgrade too.

The old battery box is one of the not-compatible items. The V3/Outcast battery tray will not fit without drilling a few new holes.

Servo - Get you a good servo The Savox 1210MG (waterproof) and 2270MG (stronger, faster) are two popular upgrades.
Servo mount - aluminum options from a few companies, like Voltage or Hot Racing. Also, the V3 is stronger too. But I still have the stock mount. Wiggles, but works.

Esc is upgraded, motor is red yet. I drove this on 4s yesterday and it just did not seem very "snappy" to me. I am also used to my erevo and electric converted lst2. Neither of those can keep the wheels under them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back