Are Xiangtat (on Amazon) products legit Hobbywing, or fakes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Following stores are especially listed to protect loyal hobby shops and customers. The stores below have received multiple warnings of MAP violations and / or Trademark infringement, and/or complaints received by customers due to lack of after-care-service."

Looking at the Xiangtat store on Amazon they are legit Hobbywing products so I would assume they are listed as unauthorized for MAP violations or complaints received by customers due to lack of after-care-service.

I read that statement a little differently. "...of MAP violations and / or Trademark infringement..."
This can easily mean that the items are not Hobbywing items but just branded as such.

I read that statement a little differently. "...of MAP violations and / or Trademark infringement..."
This can easily mean that the items are not Hobbywing items but just branded as such.
Weird thing is I don't see too many counterfeits of the Hobbywing stuff. I searched a few of the places listed in that list and most seem to violate MAP pricing. I will say I am actually surprised to see off shore electronics on there.

Amain, Hobbytown and most brick and mortar hobby shops are authorized retailers if you are afraid of getting a counterfeit.

This would be my biggest worry from most of the listed sellers on that page.
" Products is considered gray products (void warranty term immediately). "

Looking at it again it could also be because they are saying the brand name is Xiangtat instead of Hobbywing, that would be a violation of a Trademark.

Last edited:

Amain, Hobbytown and most brick and mortar hobby shops are authorized retailers if you are afraid of getting a counterfeit.

This would be my biggest worry from most of the listed sellers on that page.
" Products is considered gray products (void warranty term immediately). "

Looking at it again it could also be because they are saying the brand name is Xiangtat instead of Hobbywing, that would be a violation of a Trademark.
Ah yeah, hopefully that is the case with the trademark, because I kind of, uh, already bought a max8 haha. I mean I have a mojave exb just sitting here that I won and this was the only amazon prime delivery speed option I could find quickly.

I guess when I get it I'll compare as best I can to discern if it's real hw.

Last edited:
Same goes for castle creations you have to read all of listing carefully. Any typos or anything omitted. (There motors anyways)
With Castle if it ships from China it is a fake.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back