Are you looking for a new grill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
Are you looking at buying a new grill? If so then I'd highly recommend checking out Rec Tec Grills! They use wood pellets as their fuel which allows you a nice smoky flavor on your food while burning very efficienctly - meaning much less ash and easy clean up.

You simply set your desired temp, place your food on the grill and it does the rest.

If you are looking at buying a new grill and want to know more about Rec Tec grills, be sure to check out our latest community www.RecTecForum.com

You're getting $.25 for every click on that link aren't you? :woot: LOL

j/k ;)

Pellet grills... I am never sure if I lust after them or think they are the highest form of BBQ cheating... LOL I think my biggest hangup with them is that if I got a pellet grill, then I could not play with the fire inside my big steel beast of a smoker.

I do have a few friends with Treagers. Every single one of them loves it. All the flavor of BBQ, all the "Easy" of roasting in the oven.

You're getting $.25 for every click on that link aren't you? :woot: LOL

j/k ;)

It's my site. :D

Pellet grills... I am never sure if I lust after them or think they are the highest form of BBQ cheating... LOL I think my biggest hangup with them is that if I got a pellet grill, then I could not play with the fire inside my big steel beast of a smoker.

I do have a few friends with Treagers. Every single one of them loves it. All the flavor of BBQ, all the "Easy" of roasting in the oven.

I'll admit it, it's cheating - certainly for those guys that are stick smokers. Last week I smoked two racks of ribs on my Rec Tec and all I had to do was simply set my temp on the controller to 225 (which I was able to turn the grill on from my phone), then throw the ribs on and wait 6 hours. The whole time I was able to monitor the temp of the grill and the internal temp using the meat probes.

Not once did I have to get up to check temps or add more wood.

They are certainly great for those that want the flavor of a smoke without some of the inconveniences of a stick smoker, or for those that are like me and are lazy. :D

I just got a GMG Daniel Boone Works great, Its not a Rec Tec but it was half the price. I smoked a Pair of Buts 10hours and I only lifted the lid 3 times. Tasted great using apple pellets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back