Notorious Arma notorious 6s steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muff_Muncher_95

Reaction score
Everything works ASLONG as the steering is not plugged into the receiver. As soon as i plug it in everything turns off but the light on the power button. Unplug is and esc boots and and throttle works. Just bought the car yesterday, took it out once and now cant drive it. Any help ?

Sounds like a bad servo unfortunately. It happens.
This ^
They either just die and stop working or brown out the receiver.

Sounds like what happened to me today, just got my truck and took it out to play in the driveway ( paved) and after maybe 5 minutes darn truck started going in circles. I cut it off and brought it inside tested the servo on a servo tester and it is totally fried. I know guys said to replace it but i figured i would get at least some runs out of it first. if Arrma knows of these crappy servo issues why do they keep selling them with them? i mean not even a whole battery pack and its dead dead.
I ordered a Hiwonder 25kg Standard Digital Servo with 180° Rotation High Torque, Metal Gear Aluminium Case Waterproof for Robot RC Car
Hope it will last a while, My Kraton comes tomorrow I sure hope the servo in it lasts longer but i know its the same one.. I just put the same one that was in the Kraton and Notorious in my Granite... per someone recommended guess they work better on the smaller 10th scale.
Is there really one that is better over the other? I mean I just spent near $1,000 on 2 trucks and having to already replace servos really stinks.

Sounds like what happened to me today, just got my truck and took it out to play in the driveway ( paved) and after maybe 5 minutes darn truck started going in circles. I cut it off and brought it inside tested the servo on a servo tester and it is totally fried. I know guys said to replace it but i figured i would get at least some runs out of it first. if Arrma knows of these crappy servo issues why do they keep selling them with them? i mean not even a whole battery pack and its dead dead.
I ordered a Hiwonder 25kg Standard Digital Servo with 180° Rotation High Torque, Metal Gear Aluminium Case Waterproof for Robot RC Car
Hope it will last a while, My Kraton comes tomorrow I sure hope the servo in it lasts longer but i know its the same one.. I just put the same one that was in the Kraton and Notorious in my Granite... per someone recommended guess they work better on the smaller 10th scale.
Is there really one that is better over the other? I mean I just spent near $1,000 on 2 trucks and having to already replace servos really stinks.

It's not just Arrma/Horizon hobby look at pretty much any ready to run rc the stock servos are almost always a crapshoot, they either fail prematurely or are underpowered. It is their way of keeping the cost of the kit down.

In order to run that servo you will need a 25T servo horn https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...69tDya_CshF8_caAnxUEALw_wcB#tab-compatibility

It's not just Arrma/Horizon hobby look at pretty much any ready to run rc the stock servos are almost always a crapshoot, they either fail prematurely or are underpowered. It is their way of keeping the cost of the kit down.

In order to run that servo you will need a 25T servo horn https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...69tDya_CshF8_caAnxUEALw_wcB#tab-compatibility
Yeah Thanks,I just found that out.. Well, honestly I never had to replace a steering servo on any of my other trucks. My granite the only reason i did was cause it was steering very big. wouldn't turn Sharpe. so far the Typhoon has been fine but we have only had them maybe 6 months and not ran either a whole bunch. for a servo to just die really seems strange to me but after reading this site seems to be pretty common.

Yeah Thanks,I just found that out.. Well, honestly I never had to replace a steering servo on any of my other trucks. My granite the only reason i did was cause it was steering very big. wouldn't turn Sharpe. so far the Typhoon has been fine but we have only had them maybe 6 months and not ran either a whole bunch. for a servo to just die really seems strange to me but after reading this site seems to be pretty common.
Yup like I said it really is a crap shoot, some guys they last forever others they die the first time out like in your case. None of my Arrma servos have lasted more than a few packs, the one in my Outcast stripped the gears after less than a week, the one in my 3s Typhon last about 4 packs before it started glitching then just up and died and the one in the 3s Senton acted up since the moment the truck was powered on. I replace all of my servos with the Amazon cheapos. I did put a $100 Bluebird servo in my Kraton 6s and that servo is 👍👍👍💪

Sounds like Arrma and JX need to get together and change things up......

Sounds like Arrma and JX need to get together and change things up......
I wasn't very impressed with JX both of the servos I had didn't last long at all. One the case literally broke and the other one just up and died mid run. I'll stick with my Amazon cheapos.

Yup like I said it really is a crap shoot, some guys they last forever others they die the first time out like in your case. None of my Arrma servos have lasted more than a few packs, the one in my Outcast stripped the gears after less than a week, the one in my 3s Typhon last about 4 packs before it started glitching then just up and died and the one in the 3s Senton acted up since the moment the truck was powered on. I replace all of my servos with the Amazon cheapos. I did put a $100 Bluebird servo in my Kraton 6s and that servo is 👍👍👍💪
Very sad, the trucks are built so tuff but to have crap servos is disappointing. Guess from now on i will buget a new servo up front with the truck when i buy one. Well it might not last long but for now the old Granite servo is in my new Notorious so i can play with it i hope enough to discharge my battery..
after reading more on the site looks like most say the DS3235 35KG 270 Degree Coreless Digital RC Motor Servo, Miuezuth Stainless Steel is the servo to get.. I guess I will order one for the Kraton 6s that is coming today. Sure hope I get longer run time out of it..
Honestly I think if I should had lowered my end points. That might not have killed the first one. I didn't realize how much it was turning. I paired it with my DX5c right out of the box.

It's probably a bad servo like everyone here mentioned but just to be safe make sure your not plugging it in backwards. This happens often because the plug isn't keyed to fit in only one way.

Whatever you do, don't continue to plug in that bad servo again!I
It just may brick the Rx and ESC. This is what happens. Many threads here in regards.
You already know the servo is bricked. Seems those stocker Spektrum's create a dead short across the whole BEC circuit.🔥💥

AMZ DS3235 35 kg. $34.00. One option.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back