Senton Arma Senton 4X4 550 Mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Bash-

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's impressions on the Senton Mega 550. I'm looking to get one. Is this worth getting? It is a great price. I mostly run Crawlers. This would be a huge change. Not looking to race, just Bash and have fun.

I have the 550 Mega Granite. You will have to change the gearing to get close to 30MPH. The Granite is a good solid rig. Lots of fun and well balanced for torque and speed. As it comes out of the box, it will last a good long while and will give you many hours of enjoyment. Buy a fast charger. It takes five hours to charge. The Senton Mega 550 should perform about the same. I like the Body on the Senton, but love the wider stance (Tires) of the Granite.

Last edited:
Doesn't it say 30 on the box but it can't do it without gearing up. Do they at least supply the correct gear to do so? Are you running Nimh or lipo?

What is everyone's impressions on the Senton Mega 550. I'm looking to get one. Is this worth getting? It is a great price. I mostly run Crawlers. This would be a huge change. Not looking to race, just Bash and have fun.
Being used to crawlers, the Mega might suit you. However, if you're craving a need for speed you HAVE go brushless. Maybe a 3s to start as thats plently fast.
Doesn't it say 30 on the box but it can't do it without gearing up. Do they at least supply the correct gear to do so? Are you running Nimh or lipo?
Their advertised speeds seem to be achievable with best possible batteries and best possible scenarios. But my Senton 3s gets slightly better than advertised on pavement and its mostly stock. Im supposed to get 50mph (80kmh)but I ran a 92 kmh if my Google GPS speedometer app is to be believed.

Last edited:
Being used to crawlers, the Mega might suit you. However, if you're craving a need for speed you HAVE go brushless. Maybe a 3s to start as thats plently fast.

Their advertised speeds seem to be achievable with best possible batteries and best possible scenarios. But my Senton 3s gets slightly better than advertised on pavement and its mostly stock. Im supposed to get 50mph (80kmh)but I ran a 92 kmh if my Google GPS speedometer app is to be believed.
I'm only interested because it comes with everything to run with. I know it's only Minh battery. But it's also $100 bucks cheaper than 3s version. That's why I wanted everyone's impassions because cant find many running video's of it on YouTube.

I'm only interested because it comes with everything to run with. I know it's only Minh battery. But it's also $100 bucks cheaper than 3s version. That's why I wanted everyone's impassions because cant find many running video's of it on YouTube.
I started with a Redcat SC thats maybe a little bit comparable to the Mega(speed wise). A week later I ordered a brushless motor and esc ($120 for both) and 2-2s batteries+charger($100 used). Felt the need for speed. BUT if you go same route with the Mega, it will eventually cost TWICE as much. Because you will need to upgrade more than just motor and esc.

don't get me wrong. I had loads of fun with the Redcat the first week. But once you realize the potential.....you want more. I got the Redcat in August. The Senton I bought September. And NOW I want the Mojave EXB roller!

IMHO after owning a Senton Mega, just save up for the 3s brushless version. The battery, as you pointed out, is NiMH and the wall wart charger is basically useless. The brushed electronics aren’t all that great either.

IMHO after owning a Senton Mega, just save up for the 3s brushless version. The battery, as you pointed out, is NiMH and the wall wart charger is basically useless. The brushed electronics aren’t all that great either.
Thanks you guys. I've been here before, 2 years ago looking at same trucks, Senton & Granite, but went crawler route. (Traxxas TRX4) Sold everything Now I'm itching again. This time I want speed. I figured 30 mph would be sufficient but 50 mph sound fun as well. I'll post whatever I get. I will be getting a bonus from work soon hopefully it will be enough.

Thanks you guys. I've been here before, 2 years ago looking at same trucks, Senton & Granite, but went crawler route. (Traxxas TRX4) Sold everything Now I'm itching again. This time I want speed. I figured 30 mph would be sufficient but 50 mph sound fun as well. I'll post whatever I get. I will be getting a bonus from work soon hopefully it will be enough.
Just don't discount buying used. Mine was bought used and in MINT condition. Maybe 80% of used ones might be in so-so to rough shape but there ARE folks who looked after their stuff and have reasonable asking prices.

NIMH, straight out of the box, stock. My advice is to buy the Senton Mega 550 and enjoy, it is plenty fast and is easy to drive, Consistency is fast, so practice consistency and skill. Top speed is overrated, although it is nice to have. The 550 motor is not rebuildable but is not too expensive to replace once you wear out the brushes. Afterwards you can buy a rebuildable motor and a few sets of brushes. The brushless motors are almost indestructible and should never need rebuilding. Batteries can be costly, but the NIMH's will give you really good practice sessions. Crawlers work best with Brushed motors, so you get the best of both worlds here. Get a fast charger (Perhaps one that can also attach to your car battery when you are at a track or playground/park). If you decide on the Granite, you can change out the 14 tooth for a 17 tooth or a 27, you will get close to the 30 MPH mark and the 17 tooth only costs $3.99.

Last edited:
NIMH, straight out of the box, stock. My advice is to buy the Senton Mega 550 and enjoy, it is plenty fast and is easy to drive, Consistency is fast, so practice consistency and skill. Top speed is overrated, although it is nice to have. The 550 motor is not rebuildable but is not too expensive to replace once you wear out the brushes. Afterwards you can buy a rebuildable motor and a few sets of brushes. The brushless motors are almost indestructible and should never need rebuilding. Batteries can be costly, but the NIMH's will give you really good practice sessions. Crawlers work best with Brushed motors, so you get the best of both worlds here. Get a fast charger (Perhaps one that can also attach to your car battery when you are at a track or playground/park). If you decide on the Granite, you can change out the 14 tooth for a 17 tooth or a 27, you will get close to the 30 MPH mark and the 17 tooth only costs $3.99.
That is great advise, Still undecided Senton vs Granite. Both have come a long way since I was looking 2 years ago.

So is the Granite easier to upgrade to higher tooth gear than the Senton. I love the looks of the short course truck, but also love the ability to do more with the Granite due to the tire size difference.

That is great advise, Still undecided Senton vs Granite. Both have come a long way since I was looking 2 years ago.
Are you more interested in speed? Do you have extra budget reserved for tires? Senton.

Are you more interested in tackling rougher terrain? Is your budget light? Granite.

Are you more interested in speed? Do you have extra budget reserved for tires? Senton or Typhon 6S (Nice upgrade, but would personally prefer the Typhon 3S.)

Are you more interested in speed? Do you have extra budget reserved for tires? Senton.

Are you more interested in tackling rougher terrain? Is your budget light? Granite.
It's not so much as the speed. I just like the looks of the senton over the granite. I do like the granite for the ability to go over rough terrain. Don't you think the tire wear would be the same on both vehicles depending on where you drive them. Also looking to the 550 mega because I do not have a charger or batteries. That's not final, I just don't know much about lipos and charging, and what charger to get if I decide too go the 3S route.

It's not so much as the speed. I just like the looks of the senton over the granite. I do like the granite for the ability to go over rough terrain. Don't you think the tire wear would be the same on both vehicles depending on where you drive them. Also looking to the 550 mega because I do not have a charger or batteries. That's not final, I just don't know much about lipos and charging, and what charger to get if I decide too go the 3S route.
I liked the look of the Senton more too, which is why I bought it first. The tire wear is not the same. The thinner Senton tires balloon more and are also located beneath the body, providing way more opportunity to catch and rip apart. I love hitting full throttle with the Senton... it's so satisfying. But I've spent as much or more time with it down for one reason or another as I have running. I haven't had the Granite as long... but it's proving to be much more reliable and takes a lot less wear and tear per bash.

I got bored of 2S pretty fast... no way I could roll with Mega. Although if it was my first car, I suppose it'd be fine; but that's a lot of money for something pretty slow.

There are budget 3S chargers and batteries that do the job just fine. People have fire paranoia with lipo... but if you have a home fire extinguisher and a safe place for storage, there's not much need to worry.

Thank you. SkyRC imax B6 mini charger seems to be a popular one. any thought?

I purchased this model.
IMAX B6 SKYRC.jpg
SKYRC Cacle.jpg

Typhon for light and soft dirt and jumps. Senton for light terrain. Granite for jumps skatepark and stunts. Big Rock for speed and rocks. things like that!
Brushless is the way to go. TRUST! It is so much more fun. Brushed motors die and overheat. then when u wanna upgrade it is 150+ dollars

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back